Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2015, 08:50 PM

3 posts, read 2,942 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to lakeshore parkway and attending to UAB. I will move to the opposite side of brookwood mall, about 10 min and 5 min from Walmart. Please will someone tell me how is safety in that side of lakeshore parkway and how is the traffic to UAB? also the best route to take to the university. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 05:22 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
Taking lakeshore to 65 is about the only sure way. The akternative is to come up green springs or 31 if 65 is backed way up but those options are typically a lot longer and generally last resort.

As far as safety goes i think you have to be wary in most any apartment community and the further down lakeshore you go the closer you are to the border of some tough western areas. Just visit the place first and talk to some residents. I dont think it is a big enough concern to keep you from wanting to live there.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:27 AM

946 posts, read 775,594 times
Also, in my opinion, a very good area to live in. In case you didn't know, there is a walking/biking trail from Brookwood Mall / Target, all the way to 65. You will love it for exercising and perhaps walking your dog.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:58 PM

When you mention the tough western areas what type of crime is common? because the neighborhood is gated and with a lot of security so I'm not that concerned about a break in. I'm a single woman so I mostly want to be able to walk my dog with no problem and go to UAB. I'll be living about 8 min from Walmart and I think the property is considered part of the of the sand ridge area.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:35 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
Crime in west Birmingham runs the full spectrum but I don't think very much of it all spills over to where you are talking about at all except perhaps the occasional car break in. However i think that is why most of the communities over there are gated. I don't think you will have any issues and the area is back growing again because it is being built out with more operation centers as well as apartment communities.

Old 12-04-2015, 11:03 AM

Thank you so much for all info!! I feel way more relaxed now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
View detailed profiles of: