Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 03:19 PM

8 posts, read 32,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj31299 View Post
I live in Ballantrae and love it we do not have to drive to Birmingham but I don't think the traffic is bad at all. If you have any questions just send me a message Did you check out their website?
Yes, everything looks nice. We certainly plan to visit there. Are there restaurants and things to do in the area or do you need to head towards Birmingham? Is the golf club and subdivision there nice? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustygulas View Post
There are some beautiful homes in the upper 200s in Hoover. Houses in Vestavia, Homewood, and Mountain Brook are going to be older. It will depend on what kind of home appeals to you. I did not search any 3 bedrooms with bonuses but that may be a better option. I know of a few homes available in the Ross Bridge subdivision of Hoover that are under 300k.
Thank you. Yes, we plan to visit the areas you've mentioned. I think that we will do the apartment thing for a month or so and get a feel for which areas we like.

Old 02-15-2008, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo35223 View Post
Well its ironic you mentioned Bluff Park because it does indeed have some beautiful valley views.

For your price range, I would recommend looking at a neighborhood in Hoover that is inside I-459 and near the intersection of Alabama 150. You will be able to find a house in the 300k range there and it is a nice neighboorhood. I am sorry I don't know the name of it, but recommend you get a realtor who is familiar with this area.

Also, you might be able to find something in Vestavia in that price range, but you would have to look to find it. Vestavia has superb schools and is closer in than Hoover.

Birmingham's suburbs tend to me among the most expensive in the Southeast because of the quality of the schools. People move here from other cities where they have had to pay for private schools. Here, in the suburbs, the schools are so good that they prepare your children for college quite well...

Ballantrae in Pelham is a very nice area and I have driven through it several times. If you like to play golf and tennis, the City of Pelham owns superb golf and tennis facilities that are of country club quality. Just remember that Ballantrae is 25 minutes from downtown...but if you don't need to go downtown during rush hour then this would be a very good place to look. The Ballantrae subdivision has some beautiful valley views.
Thanks, we will try to locate that area in Hoover. Hopefully we'll have a month or so to get a feel for the area and go from there.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:01 AM

136 posts, read 596,301 times
If you are looking for corporate housing, call ahi properties or premier living suites. They can find you something short term while you learn the areas.

Ballantrae is a beautiful area in Pelham. The golf course is outstanding. You should be able to get some good deals because some of the product has been on the market for awhile. Its probably 5-10 minutes from shopping, restaurants, movie theater, etc.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:03 AM

27 posts, read 126,350 times
There is a road at the end of the subdivison that takes you to all the stores and acess to 65 they are in the process of building a new shopping center which should be open by the summer and they are expanding the roads to 4 lanes to help with the traffic. It is one of the most beautiful entances that I have ever seen every time we drive down the hill to the subdivision we still can't get over the view. You will definitely have to visit when you come and most homes that are for sale are open every day for you to walk through.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj31299 View Post
There is a road at the end of the subdivison that takes you to all the stores and acess to 65 they are in the process of building a new shopping center which should be open by the summer and they are expanding the roads to 4 lanes to help with the traffic. It is one of the most beautiful entances that I have ever seen every time we drive down the hill to the subdivision we still can't get over the view. You will definitely have to visit when you come and most homes that are for sale are open every day for you to walk through.
Sounds good. What's the name of the road and/or subdivision? Thanks

Old 02-18-2008, 03:11 PM

136 posts, read 596,301 times
He is talking about Ballantrae in Pelham. I don't know the name of the cutoff road.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:18 PM

15 posts, read 61,616 times
Is there any where to live for $900/month that is extremely safe and not too far from UAB medical campus in Birmingham. Also we need a house with a backyard for our dog. We only need 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom at minimum. Thanks for any help!!!

Old 02-20-2008, 01:38 PM

4 posts, read 11,559 times
My boyfriend wants me to move to Birmingham from Louisville, ky could anyone tell me what area not to live in that has alot of crime thanks.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:45 PM

24,541 posts, read 10,859,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelliott0002 View Post
My boyfriend wants me to move to Birmingham from Louisville, ky could anyone tell me what area not to live in that has alot of crime thanks.
What are looking for, do you have any special requirements, what is your budget, what area will you work in/go to school?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area