Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 09:39 AM

302 posts, read 335,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Target opening is February 1st. But I don't see it happening that quickly, based on what I saw on Monday.
Soft opening around that time. Restaurants will open gradually after that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 07:22 AM

910 posts, read 834,316 times
Don't know if anyone has already put this out, but.......

Birmingham a Top 10 city for YP population growth | Birmingham Business Alliance
https://birminghambusinessalliance.c...lation-growth/

We are #7 out of the 150 largest U.S. cities! Wow!
And just so you know, this data is for the actual city limits of Birmingham, not the metro.

Last edited by GotLuv4Bham; 01-17-2017 at 07:31 AM..

Old 01-31-2017, 06:04 PM

6,353 posts, read 11,591,423 times
In case you are wondering, I felt sickly and never made it to B'ham.

I'll be watching the weather patterns and may try again in 2 or 3 weeks.

Old 02-02-2017, 02:43 PM

187 posts, read 214,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotLuv4Bham View Post
Don't know if anyone has already put this out, but.......

Birmingham a Top 10 city for YP population growth | Birmingham Business Alliance
https://birminghambusinessalliance.c...lation-growth/

We are #7 out of the 150 largest U.S. cities! Wow!
And just so you know, this data is for the actual city limits of Birmingham, not the metro.
This is a poor characterization. First of all, this looks at nothing but growth rate which can be deceptive if you compare it to other places. Also, this includes cities with almost zero industry. So, when one new company comes in, the "YP" number doubles. Also, I don't think I would say it's a list of the 150 largest cities. So you're saying our peers are Columbus? Hialeah? Sounds closer than trying to be compared to Nash, ATL, Char, etc.

Bham might have see some YP growth, but it's all relative to where you start from. A much better measure for YP attraction would be this from Forbes...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erincarl.../#2e9b31167f2b

Or this from Nomadlist
https://nomadlist.com/best-cities-fo...=North+America

Old 03-20-2017, 11:20 AM

Birmingham named one of the best cities in the south!

http://www.bizjournals.com/birmingha...cities-in.html

Old 03-31-2017, 01:02 PM

Birmingham is getting more positive attention!

WBRC : Article about things to do in Birmingham featured on front page of Atlanta newspaper

Old 03-31-2017, 01:31 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Ha ha, that's funny. I notice the occasional Yelp review and Reddit activity from time to time from "foodies" and random passers through from the ATL. A lot of them are fair and reasonable, but there's always the occasional heavy handed, what were they thinking, they can't get anything right sort of review you'd expect from someone who lives in the future in an advanced utopia that solved famine, war and strife eons ago...but the thing is, they seem to keep coming back for more.

Old 03-31-2017, 01:33 PM

3,259 posts, read 3,770,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Ha ha, that's funny. I notice the occasional Yelp review and Reddit activity from time to time from "foodies" and random passers through from the ATL. A lot of them are fair and reasonable, but there's always the occasional heavy handed, what were they thinking, they can't get anything right sort of review you'd expect from someone who lives in the future in an advanced utopia that solved famine, war and strife eons ago...but the thing is, they seem to keep coming back for more.

That, or maybe they have just had better dining experiences elsewhere.

Old 03-31-2017, 01:37 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
That, or maybe they have just had better dining experiences elsewhere.

I doubt it. I've had enough life experiences here and there and I can tell when someone is being honest and realistic about something versus trolling up a board for the simple fact that it entertains them to put something else down. I don't believe everything I read on the internet.

Old 03-31-2017, 01:43 PM

2,448 posts, read 2,233,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotLuv4Bham View Post

To be fair, it's the same Washington Post article from a couple of weeks ago. I guess Atlanta and Denver papers both picked it up last week (among others, I assume). Still, nice to see some positive recognition around the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area