Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 10:03 AM

109 posts, read 144,637 times

Advertisements

Not sure what you mean. I thought they were all killed in a plane accident. In fact they were! The executives mentioned were part of the family. Otherwise we would still have the fab stores.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruno%27s

Sorry for being morbid but it IS morbid! ��
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 11:20 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,336,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJSim View Post
Not sure what you mean. I thought they were all killed in a plane accident. In fact they were! The executives mentioned were part of the family. Otherwise we would still have the fab stores.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruno%27s

Sorry for being morbid but it IS morbid! ��

No it was tragic but your throwing it around lightly feels morbid to me.

The whole family did not die and what they did in selling the stores and opening other food businesses was going to happen anyway. They did not want to compete with Publix which was eminently coming into the market.

So, no, we would not still have the 'fab' stores. Those are decades gone by. Many of us in the southeast miss other businesses such as Rich's and Parisian's along with Bruno's, but that is a huge list and every city and state has such a list. It does not seem rational to dwell on it. We have a fantastic new store opening in a couple of months that will outshine most here. We will be fine.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:57 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,542,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJSim View Post
Sorry, I know this is off subject but I so miss Bruno's. There is nothing in my opinion that compares in B'ham. I don't think Publix even comes close.
Remember V. Richard's (Forest Park area) and Vincent's Market (related to Bruno's) at Brookwood? Good times....

We lived in B'ham several different times during the late 80s into mid 90s due to job transfers. Loved those places!

Old 08-24-2016, 01:41 AM

104 posts, read 98,272 times
Saw a sign up at the site today. Looks like this is going to be an O'Reilly's Auto Parts store - yawn.

Old 08-24-2016, 08:52 AM

7 posts, read 14,760 times
I believe it is going to be an O'Reillys Auto Parts store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area