Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 11:59 AM

2,098 posts, read 2,166,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _OT View Post
Wait, so you're going to criticize his writing skills, then hold that against him as if he's lacking some form of intellect or educational understanding; only then to generalize an entire city based off of your own personal response to a single individual, about something that's not even that serious?

LMAO, where do these guys come from?
Crazy people in this country.....JUST CRAZY !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preguntas View Post
Personal attacks are not only uncalled for, but against forum rules. EVEN WHEN JUST 'PASSING' THROUGH.........................YEAH
People will be ignorant.....

Old 08-31-2016, 09:56 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,613,847 times
As someone not living in AL but looking at Bham for relocation, I was very surprised at the lack of posting activity on the Birmingham section

Old 09-01-2016, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneCraig View Post
I simply read what the poster wrote, and how it was written and expressed. Of course people are judged on their speech, syntax, and even on their looks. That's not a shocker. As a former educator I have discovered students who don't speak using proper English, also can't write very well....again, not a shocker. If students "bust verbs", or speak street language or ebonics, they also can't write a cogent paragraph. It was amazing to me to witness that these same students can actually obtain college degrees from some of the southern, smaller schools. That includes schools in Birmingham. It's reflective on Birmingham's educational stature and culture. Don't blame me. I saw it constantly as a senior executive during my tenure with Regions Financial. That's my experience. Believe what you wish. The Birmingham public education system produces quite a few inferior "products", and it does reflect on the city as a whole. That may be fair or unfair, but it is what it is. It's also true. Again, don't blame me. After a very short while, I could easily ascertain whether a team member, manager, applicant or client was black or was a local southerner simply by reading their writing a single paragraph of a report, memo or email. The hallmarks were obvious misuses of correct and standard American English. My observations may hurt your feelings, but it doesn't invalidate them.
Go figure....it's one of them

Old 09-01-2016, 09:52 AM
_OT

2,183 posts, read 2,417,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneCraig View Post
I simply read what the poster wrote, and how it was written and expressed. Of course people are judged on their speech, syntax, and even on their looks. That's not a shocker. As a former educator I have discovered students who don't speak using proper English, also can't write very well....again, not a shocker. If students "bust verbs", or speak street language or ebonics, they also can't write a cogent paragraph. It was amazing to me to witness that these same students can actually obtain college degrees from some of the southern, smaller schools. That includes schools in Birmingham. It's reflective on Birmingham's educational stature and culture. Don't blame me. I saw it constantly as a senior executive during my tenure with Regions Financial. That's my experience. Believe what you wish. The Birmingham public education system produces quite a few inferior "products", and it does reflect on the city as a whole. That may be fair or unfair, but it is what it is. It's also true. Again, don't blame me. After a very short while, I could easily ascertain whether a team member, manager, applicant or client was black or was a local southerner simply by reading their writing a single paragraph of a report, memo or email. The hallmarks were obvious misuses of correct and standard American English. My observations may hurt your feelings, but it doesn't invalidate them.
Your observations doesn't validate anything because they're influenced on what you personally lead yourself into believing; you arrive thinking objectively, and leave thinking objectively, you're working with a pertinacious attitude towards optimistic environments. Speaking slang, street-language, Ebonics or whatever is not indicative on the intellect within these individuals, that's called a cultural difference. An individual can learn to read and write proper English, and still withstand the knowledge of those cultural activities, it happens within various countries, that's not just an American thing. Truthfully, you can't expect the youth to do something, if you project them to become nothing, certain things can become psychological, and it effects these kids.

And you consider yourself a former educator? lol. I personally learned Spanish because I wanted to communicate with Latino communities and also make those younger individuals feel comfortable, that was on my behalf. I'm not even a teacher lol.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:56 AM

1,217 posts, read 1,225,649 times
He's also been banned from CD forums over 40 times and is currently using several member names.
Join dates and number of posts is sometimes a sign that a flamer just wants to spew ignorance.

PS: also likes to claim he's a banker, teacher and a wall streeter and has been known to sign on under a different name just to agree with his other posts.

Old 09-01-2016, 11:17 AM

1,217 posts, read 1,225,649 times
I knew it was you Shekie. Hahaha You can run but you can't hide.

Old 09-01-2016, 11:20 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,336,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHfan View Post
He's also been banned from CD forums over 40 times and is currently using several member names.
Join dates and number of posts is sometimes a sign that a flamer just wants to spew ignorance.

PS: also likes to claim he's a banker, teacher and a wall streeter and has been known to sign on under a different name just to agree with his other posts.

This is certainly all true; as well as the fact he does not seem to realize how transparent his writing is to the forum. Even the same syntax.

Old 09-01-2016, 11:31 AM

3,259 posts, read 3,769,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by preguntas View Post
This is certainly all true; as well as the fact he does not seem to realize how transparent his writing is to the forum. Even the same syntax.
Pot calling the kettle black. Or are we supposed to pretend that you didn't show up at the same time Raj Kapoor got the boot?

Old 09-01-2016, 12:48 PM

626 posts, read 754,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
As someone not living in AL but looking at Bham for relocation, I was very surprised at the lack of posting activity on the Birmingham section
Speaks volumes, doesn't it? All you see here are a couple of liberal blowhards downplaying anything negative you say about their great city. Keep it up, guys. This is all pure gold.

Regards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area