Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-22-2021, 10:22 AM
 
Location: 35203
2,098 posts, read 2,165,544 times
Reputation: 771

Advertisements

https://www.eenews.net/articles/infr...d-decades-ago/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-22-2021, 12:02 PM
 
10,501 posts, read 7,033,009 times
Reputation: 32344
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalumni01 View Post

It's a boondoggle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2021, 12:37 PM
 
Location: 35203
2,098 posts, read 2,165,544 times
Reputation: 771
Build it, they will come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2021, 12:46 PM
 
10,501 posts, read 7,033,009 times
Reputation: 32344
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalumni01 View Post
Build it, they will come.
If they actually do build this thing, then Birmingham needs to go on an annexation craze in Northern JeffCo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2021, 01:11 PM
 
Location: 35203
2,098 posts, read 2,165,544 times
Reputation: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
If they actually do build this thing, then Birmingham needs to go on an annexation craze in Northern JeffCo
Most of the land there where it suppose to go through is already apart of Gardendale, Adamsville, Mt. Olive, Graysville, Brookside. I don't know if Birmingham can get any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2021, 01:22 PM
 
2,995 posts, read 3,577,060 times
Reputation: 1410
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
It's a boondoggle.
probably the biggest waste of money on the table, will suck resources from every corner of the state and wont ever be finished. Meanwhile areas in the state that have legitimate highway needs now, are having to deal with half ass solutions, delays or roads that will be inadequate when finished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2021, 01:36 PM
 
Location: 35203
2,098 posts, read 2,165,544 times
Reputation: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
probably the biggest waste of money on the table, will suck resources from every corner of the state and wont ever be finished. Meanwhile areas in the state that have legitimate highway needs now, are having to deal with half ass solutions, delays or roads that will be inadequate when finished.
Build it, they will come. The other parts of the state will be fine. Relax.

Last edited by mcalumni01; 09-22-2021 at 01:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2021, 02:55 PM
 
2,995 posts, read 3,577,060 times
Reputation: 1410
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalumni01 View Post
Build it, they will come. The other parts of the state will be fine. Relax.
That’s not true, not fine now or will be. Of the infrastructure bill that Alabama will get
In Alabama, most, if not all, of its $369 million share would go to the Northern Beltline, a 52-mile undertaking intended to create a six-lane loop around Birmingham.

Why not 6 lane I-65 from Tennessee to the Gulf coast, you know a road that people actually drive on now.
How about a Mobile Bay bridge and bring Huntsville area roads into the 21st century.
Idiots, aldot will squander this away on try to justify a pork project that is already how long on the buffet table?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2021, 03:21 PM
 
Location: Birmingham, U.S.A.
1,017 posts, read 638,599 times
Reputation: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
That’s not true, not fine now or will be. Of the infrastructure bill that Alabama will get
In Alabama, most, if not all, of its $369 million share would go to the Northern Beltline, a 52-mile undertaking intended to create a six-lane loop around Birmingham.

Why not 6 lane I-65 from Tennessee to the Gulf coast, you know a road that people actually drive on now.
How about a Mobile Bay bridge and bring Huntsville area roads into the 21st century.
Idiots, aldot will squander this away on try to justify a pork project that is already how long on the buffet table?
A pork project brought to you by, among others, the efforts of one Richard Shelby. Ever heard of him? He's the guy that brings home all the billions of dollars of pork to your area. Every home in Huntsville should have his picture over the mantle next to Jesus and JFK... or Trump and L. Ron Hubbard, whoever. I guess if a few hundred million slip away you have to cry foul, so I totally understand.
Appearances and such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2021, 03:51 PM
 
Location: 35203
2,098 posts, read 2,165,544 times
Reputation: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
That’s not true, not fine now or will be. Of the infrastructure bill that Alabama will get
In Alabama, most, if not all, of its $369 million share would go to the Northern Beltline, a 52-mile undertaking intended to create a six-lane loop around Birmingham.

Why not 6 lane I-65 from Tennessee to the Gulf coast, you know a road that people actually drive on now.
How about a Mobile Bay bridge and bring Huntsville area roads into the 21st century.
Idiots, aldot will squander this away on try to justify a pork project that is already how long on the buffet table?
Again, relax. Geez. It's just a discussion. But anyway, build it and they will come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:32 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top