Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 12:59 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeDeDo View Post
Hi there---So you are thinking about coming to Birmingham--well come on..it is a pretty decent area..before I forget it tho--you HAVE got to go to Dreamland BBQ in Birmingham..honey..the ribs will set you free..anyway, you need to drive out to the country, down I-65 N towards Gardendale, Warrior, and then drive out HWY 78 towards Bagley, Corner area...where the air is fresh and the schools are great, as well as the people. Anway, we welcome you to Alabama...remember the correct colors to wear are Crimson & white--ROLL TIDE ROLL
Yeah, that's something to realize as well. When you come to town, you might as well just pick a team: Auburn or Alabama. Don't fight it. Just immerse yourself in it for the fun of it so you don't miss all the great parties in the fall. Think of it like moving to Siena, Italy, and picking a favorite neighborhood in the running the Paolo.

Just remember that Auburn represents the forces of goodness and light, while Alabama represents evil and darkness, not to mention a bunch of stump-neck, gap-toothed, knuckle-dragging, polyester-wearing, stoop-gait, slack-jawed, biscuit-eating backwoods hayseeds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 05:06 PM

59 posts, read 167,120 times
wow that's very tacky. spoken like a true sports fan.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:39 PM

350 posts, read 1,312,766 times
Been in B'ham 7 years now and I still have not picked a team yet. :-}

War Tide! or is it Roll Eagle?

Anyway, GO YANKEES!

BTW Where are you coming from?

Old 05-28-2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhamkaren View Post
wow that's very tacky. spoken like a true sports fan.
Yeah, it is. Kind of funny, though, you have to admit.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:36 PM

5 posts, read 13,736 times
Back Again - your Yankees reference is more appropriate than you realize; I come from a family of die-hard Yankees fans!

I'm originally from upstate New York but have lived in Northern Virginia (just across the river from D.C.) for the past few years.

Are you from NY?

Old 05-28-2008, 09:38 PM

[quote=sarasmiles1;3914603]Back Again - your Yankees reference is more appropriate than you realize; I come from a family of die-hard Yankees fans!

I'm originally from upstate New York but have lived in Northern Virginia (just across the river from D.C.) for the past few years.

Are you from NY? [/quote]

Born and raised! Lived on Long Island until the age of 17 when I left to join the Marine Corps. I also lived for about 9 years in Port Jervis (Orange County) NY. This is where NY, NJ and Pa meet.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:46 AM

763 posts, read 3,835,914 times
I am also a regular contributor to another website and have written reviews of 40 restaurants in the city....have helped several people who have come here on vacations etc.

Here is my restaurant review page.....I would recommend getting a GPS and finding your way down to 5 Points South and parking your car in the valet parking lot next to Highland's Bar and Grill. You can then walk to about 15-20 different restaurants and bars...including of course - Highlands. Chef Frank Stitt is in New York this weekend as he is a finalist for the James Beard Award - given to the best chef in the U.S. annually. Addtionally Chef Chris Hastings is there too, as a finalist for Top Chef - South. His Hot and Hot Fish Club is outstanding....

For fun, I would recommend an evening at WorkPlay, which is a state-of-the art recording studio and live performing venue.

Birmingham: Dining Overview - TripAdvisor

Old 05-31-2008, 11:22 AM

59 posts, read 167,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Yeah, it is. Kind of funny, though, you have to admit.

yeah it is. i did spray water

Old 05-31-2008, 07:30 PM

So tell us sarasmiles, what did you think of Birminmgham also where did you go and what did you see? Inquiry minds want to know! lol

Old 05-31-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back Again View Post
So tell us sarasmiles, what did you think of Birminmgham also where did you go and what did you see? Inquiry minds want to know! lol
She hated it. I just know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area