Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 10:14 AM

182 posts, read 900,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
No Nordstrom, not yet. They are putting a store at Galleria (I think), but it'll be next year before they open. Your choices: Belk's, & Dillard's (both at Summit and Galleria), Macy's (Galleria only), and Saks (Summit only).
There are also some really cool shops in downtown Homewood - locally owned dress shops,stuff for the home, an awesome bakery, and lots of restaurants.
Nordstoms is coming to the Galleria mall but I heard not until 2010. Macy's is also at the Brookwood mall. I actually prefer The Summit and Brookwood Mall to the Galleria any day. Galleria is more of a teeny bopper mall rat hang out in my opinion. Summit and Brookwood are more charming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 11:03 AM

897 posts, read 2,454,405 times
there are alos some cool but expensive shops in Mt. Brook Village- check out smith's Variety too

Old 08-28-2008, 11:54 AM

6,048 posts, read 18,415,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal2Bham View Post
Nordstoms is coming to the Galleria mall but I heard not until 2010. Macy's is also at the Brookwood mall. I actually prefer The Summit and Brookwood Mall to the Galleria any day. Galleria is more of a teeny bopper mall rat hang out in my opinion. Summit and Brookwood are more charming.
2010??? I don't think I can wait that long!!!
Have to agree, the Brookwood stores are much calmer. That mall seemed to go downhill after many stores decamped to Galleria. I visited a couple of months ago and was very pleased to see so many of the empty spaces filled again, and the merchandise quality was much better.
I'd love to browse in Mountain Brook, but I have no idea where to go and always seem to get lost in that area. I would LOVE to go back to a restaurant named, I think, La Luz. But I have no idea how to get there!

Old 08-28-2008, 05:25 PM

897 posts, read 2,454,405 times
the Galleria is not worth it- I haven't been in years- the area around it is much nicer- I think you are talking about La Paz- a mexican restaurant in crestline- mt brook can be very confusing but people are very helpful.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:18 PM

1,645 posts, read 4,584,860 times
I saw some pretty cool shops in the Mountain Brook/Homewood area--pricey but nice stuff in them. I will tell my friend here about Saks--think she'll be happy about that news.

Heading down in a few days... can't wait to get my R&R...

And a pedi/mani/etc/eat well and not have to cook it myself weekend coming up soon

Old 08-28-2008, 09:22 PM

I agree about the Galleria: very teen oriented. It did not seem like the Tyson's Corner Galleria I am used to, but my daughter is very happy about it... sigh... I will have to trek over there this weekend with her while my DH golfs... after my sleeping in!

But maybe one day she'll roll me over to a nice bench in the park when I am old and decrepit and cover my legs with a blanket and keep me co. as a reward for the all the mall trips I have gone on with her... LOL

Old 08-29-2008, 07:03 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Hey, Drama.

Do us a collective favor after this weekend and report on the Ross Bridge resort, please. I'm considering a weekend getaway with the wife there. I'd love to get an opinion.

thanks!

Old 09-03-2008, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Hey, Drama.

Do us a collective favor after this weekend and report on the Ross Bridge resort, please. I'm considering a weekend getaway with the wife there. I'd love to get an opinion.

thanks!
I posted my review in the Huntsville-Decatur-Madison section. In a nutshell: if it's you and wife alone I recommend it as a lovely spot to go to for a weekend getaway. Great hotel/resort and the service was impeccable. BROCKS is FABULOUS but pricey.

Check out my review... for more details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area