Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 02:07 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,141,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlybrooke32 View Post
All great suggestions thanks so much !!!!!
You're welcome. When you nail things down a little more, feel free to come back and hit us up, because there are lots of deals out there at the moment. Heck, there are two houses on my street alone that are for sale. A third sold a couple of days ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 07:43 PM

23 posts, read 78,613 times
Default Shelby County Schools

Hi Kimberly,
I live in Calera and I am a single Mom. I am a big advocate of Alabaster, which is close to Calera. They have TONS of things for kids to do, many parks, and great schools. You can check out City of Alabaster, Alabama: Home
Mountian Brook is very nice, but it depends on how much you are willing to spend to live there. The prices in Alabaster a more affordable.

Moderator cut: email address

Thanks!!!!

Last edited by Keeper; 03-26-2009 at 06:01 AM.. Reason: email address removed

Old 03-26-2009, 05:19 PM

8 posts, read 22,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allinaday View Post
Hi Kimberly,
I live in Calera and I am a single Mom. I am a big advocate of Alabaster, which is close to Calera. They have TONS of things for kids to do, many parks, and great schools. You can check out City of Alabaster, Alabama: Home
Mountian Brook is very nice, but it depends on how much you are willing to spend to live there. The prices in Alabaster a more affordable.

Thanks!!!!
Thanks so much! I can pretty much move to where ever so I am considering everywhere, but what will drive my decision most will be the schools! I refuse to compromise with that. I am planning to visit soon to get a better feel for the area!

Old 03-26-2009, 05:24 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,141,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allinaday View Post
Hi Kimberly,

Thanks!!!!
Large sections of Mountain Brook are actually quite reasonable. People are dealing right now.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:07 PM

So the weather was so nice today that I threw the kiddo in the car & took a spontaneous trip to Birmingham! I hit up Mountain Brook, Vestavia hills, & Hoover! Liked Mountain Brook but out of my league for now, Vestavia was so-so, & I think I'm in love with Hoover specifically the Ross Bridge community, it was alot like a neighborhood that I love here in ATL Vickery, the homes aren't cookie cutter & there's a real sense of community with the front porches, side walks & green spaces for the kiddos! Any thoughts on this area? School quality etc..., the distance from the city seemed perfect, not too far at all. How's traffic? Didn't really get a feel for that as it is a saturday.
I will be making another trip soon with my sister, she works the Alabama territory so she travels there often from ATL. She had suggested Iverness (I think that's what it's called) thoughts?

Thanks so much!!!

Old 04-15-2009, 08:09 AM

23 posts, read 78,613 times
Hi Kimberly,
I have friends who live in Ross Bridge and LOVE it. They have lots of functions for the community. They have 'ladies' night about every other month. They all get together for something different. The theme this time is movie night, and they have a large projector in the clubhouse. At least 100 people (that live in the community) are invited. They do it up big! They also have a community yard sale and Easter egg hunt. Lots of people also use the grounds for wedding photos. My friend is 35 with one small child. So there is a good mix up young and old there. It is Jefferson County, keep that in mind.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:00 AM

Yea I really liked it there! My sister & I are visiting Birmingham again this weekend, we are going to visit a few more communities but I'm pretty stuck on Ross Bridge! I will find out Wednesday if I get the job & will need to move! I'm excited & really hope so!

Old 05-11-2009, 07:08 PM

Great news!!!!! I got the job!!!!!!! Now I must be moved by June 1. found the perfect home in Lake Cyrus! Everything is looking great!!!! Well except for that really irritating speeding ticket in Heflin on Saturday! The cops were everywhere! I will definitely be fighting this one though as I for once wasn't speeding! Cruise control was set @ 70! Excelerated only enough to get out of the way of the jerk on my tail! Certainly wasn't going the 86mph he said his superior clocked me at! I asked him to show me & he flat out refused! My sister got so mad I thought we get a ticket for arguing with the cop! I made her drive the rest of the way to Hoover!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area