Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2009, 11:01 AM

2 posts, read 14,078 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Birmingham, AL in July and have the sweetest pitbull ever! The problem is that almost every single apartment complex does not allow "aggressive" breeds. My frustration is growing, because I have only found one apartment place that allows pitbulls which is the Park at Galleria. Any comments about that apartment complex? Or, even better, does anyone know of any other apartment complexes that accept pitbulls? I am right out of college and I am not ready to purchase a home yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 12:19 PM

293 posts, read 909,763 times
Just wondering? Which part of "agressive" do you not understand? You may say your pet is sweet and gentle, but I'm sure most of the people who owned a pitbull who tore up some child would have said the same thing before it happened. If I lived in a complex which allowed this, I would break my lease immediately and I'll bet I would win my case in court.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:52 PM

2 posts, read 14,078 times
I am not trying to start a feud about pit bulls, and I wasn't looking for your opinion of them. I posted this for some help. Pit bulls raised correctly are loving and loyal pets, if you would do your research. They are aggressive when trained to be that way.

Anyways, if I may ask for replies that are of a kind and helpful nature from now on, that would be much appreciated.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:09 PM

1,028 posts, read 3,082,598 times
It takes a paranoid person to move just because a neighbor owns a pitbull. I have seen way more sweet and gentle pits than otherwise. It is about how you raise them, as is the case with any animal. I have worked around dogs for most of my teenage and young adult life as kennel supervisor, dog trainer, and vet tech, and have only been bitten badly twice. Once by a chow, and once by an American water spaniel.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:11 AM

1 posts, read 6,658 times
Your an idiot, anyone who hates pit bulls has to be completely stupid themselves. The pit bull breed is not and aggressive dog unless the owner people who are just ignorant like you raise them to be that way. Dogs are not just "aggressive". The owner or the life that the dog lives makes them that way. So you just need to shut your mouth and mind your own business. I hope if you lived at that apartment you would break your lease because I wouldn't want some one as evil as you living anywhere near me and my dogs.

Old 10-15-2009, 01:26 PM

436 posts, read 874,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schulan View Post
I am moving to Birmingham, AL in July and have the sweetest pitbull ever! The problem is that almost every single apartment complex does not allow "aggressive" breeds. My frustration is growing, because I have only found one apartment place that allows pitbulls which is the Park at Galleria. Any comments about that apartment complex? Or, even better, does anyone know of any other apartment complexes that accept pitbulls? I am right out of college and I am not ready to purchase a home yet.
Then,at least you can move to that Park at Galleria apartment. I am surprised that there is decent apartment to allow tenant to have a pitbull.
I don't hate pitbull. But I will make sure that my kids will stay away from pitbull. I don't take chance on things like that.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:16 PM

1 posts, read 6,222 times
Default pitbulls

let me just say one thing it not the breed its how they are raised. If you ask me your discriminating. I have had pits, rotties, and a few other "aggresive" breeds none of which have i had any problems. You always hear about the bad ones you never hear about the ones they use as drug and bomb dogs or the pitbulls that have SAVED the life of a child. Do a little research on the breed before you judge it.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:05 PM

2 posts, read 10,409 times
Did you ever find another place to live with your pit? I will be moving to b-ham in a few months and am looking for a good place to live any suggestions?

Old 06-23-2011, 11:27 AM

1 posts, read 5,367 times
I have a pit in birmingham and it was a bit tough finding a place that would take me. I think that you can find some pit-friendly [URL="http://realestate.al.com/alabama/shelby-county/birmingham/for-rent"]Birmingham apartments[/URL]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area