Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > mrjason
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Well, I'm into the next chapter of my life...

Posted 08-08-2008 at 08:56 PM by mrjason

I have successfully relocated to Elko County, Nevada. I completed my third day of new-teacher training at the district office today, and I think I have found a truly wonderful part of the world to call home. There is just no comparison between southern California and northeastern Nevada--I really like it up here! Sure, the closest Costco is about 100 miles away, but I purchased a big cooler to throw things on ice for the return trip.

I honestly didn't know that there were such...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Tomorrow is moving day...

Posted 07-26-2008 at 08:07 PM by mrjason

My brother and his wife were extremely helpful in helping me pack up the remainder of my stuff today, and I'm going to get my U-haul moving truck in the morning. After we load it up, I'm then going to go back and let them hook up the auto transport trailer and secure my Toyota Tacoma. I sure hope it fits, as it has the off-road package with big tires.

I'm exhausted, but it is happening! I can't wait to get out of SoCal and start my new life out in Nevada. I feel pretty...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Well, it's happening...

Posted 07-18-2008 at 10:02 PM by mrjason

I secured a nice place to stay today in Elko County, NV, so thankfully I'll have a place to pull up to and unload all my stuff. I was worried that I might have to put everything in storage and camp in a motel, until something became available, but it's all coming together.

With the help of a local realtor, I found a newish 3 bdrm, 2 bath unit, by the golf course. Great! So I can grab my clubs and just walk over. It's probably a little more house than I need, but it will be...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Set up my moving truck today

Posted 06-29-2008 at 05:02 PM by mrjason

I have reserved a 17' U Haul truck and an auto transport to tow my Tacoma. I pick it up on the 20th of July (a Sunday) and plan to hit the road Monday or Tuesday, at the latest. Not exactly looking forward to driving through the desert towards the end of July but it'll be all right. I'm still not sure what I'm doing with my two cats. I guess they'll have to ride in the cab with me, so they can enjoy the air conditioning too.

My life is really about to change, and I'm quite excited...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Here are a few pics of the area...

Posted 06-27-2008 at 08:14 PM by mrjason

I'm telling you, the area is absolutely beautiful!

Enjoy,

Jason
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00855.jpg (350.2 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00887.jpg (277.3 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00896.jpg (543.8 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00850.jpg (131.0 KB, 99 views)
Posted in Uncategorized