Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > sirron
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

I cannot believe it's this difficult!

Posted 12-19-2013 at 05:42 AM by sirron

Having not grown up in the digital age, I thought it would be easy to disengage from phone, computer, and TV for one week. I was wrong.
I was thinking back to the eighties, when I didn't even have cable TV. I survived, and was most likely much more productive. Can I do it again? We'll see.
Bunco Squad
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

The Revolution should have started in 1913

Posted 10-07-2013 at 07:10 AM by sirron

We all know the hyper hypocracy of our government, but I just realized how long this has been going on.
If you, Mr./Ms. average American, earn anything above $400 a year, the government requires that you file for income tax abduction, (yes, that was on purpose). Even though your income tax is in most cases deducted directly from your pay, you still have to file, just to make sure you don't owe more. If you don't, they will find you. We are held accountable.

Meanwhile, we...
Bunco Squad
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

A Vicious Circle?

Posted 03-31-2011 at 11:20 AM by sirron

The following scenario occurred to me:

We the people, supply the world with foreign aid, to make the world a better place. The U.S. businesses who employ we the people are under ever more pressure to 'go green'. These regulations are costing American jobs, (links to follow). So, do we 'go green' to better the planet, reducing the taxpayer base that funds this foreign aid, or do we operate at optimum effectiveness, and send an ever-increasing amount of foreign aid to countries...
Bunco Squad
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

I want equal opportunity deals!

Posted 08-10-2009 at 05:22 AM by sirron

I don't have a clunker. No discount for me on a new car. I don't have children. No tax breaks for me. I pick up my current ad from Lowe's. Well look: "Find hundreds of New Lower Prices in store". What about all the times I bought those same items at regular price? At a local department store, I can get an extra 15% if I use their credit card. I don't want their card; just the discount please.
Could we find a way to give equal opportunity discounts, hmmm?
Bunco Squad
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Spoof in advertising; and we buy it

Posted 09-17-2008 at 07:37 AM by sirron

During a recent snuggle, my husband said I smelled good. I told him that was my new deoderant, something called Tropical Paradise. He looked me square in the eye: "I've been to a tropical paradise. It's called Viet Nam, and trust me, you smell nothing like it."
Funny, yes. But it got me to thinking of some methods used to entice us into buying certain items. Toilet paper is famous for using babies and puppies - neither of which typically use t.p. Auto insurance, (you know...
Bunco Squad
Posted in Uncategorized