Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > House Lady
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old
Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

On The Move..How to Evaluate Moving Companies

Posted 10-15-2010 at 10:48 PM by House Lady

On the Move

[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Thanks to expert movers Steve and Kathy P. for sharing their extensive moving experience with me. They are retired military and have the moving thing down pat. Since moving companies have one of the highest rates of complaints and scams of any business in the US, protect yourself by getting recommendations and checking out each company yourself. Movers are expensive, so make sure you don’t end up paying in more ways than one.

1) ...
Real Estate Agent
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Walking the Levees

Posted 10-10-2008 at 05:15 AM by House Lady

My husband and I visit our son in Seattle every August. We usually do not want to come back, back the weather is so fabulous! Seriously, it was a good thing we visited when we did this year. As newbie home buyers, my son and his wife are not always sure what to look for when checking on the condition of the house.
Where I grew up in southern Louisiana, rice farmers would rise early each morning to “walk the levees”. Rice paddies must be kept flooded in the early growth stages of the rice,...
Real Estate Agent
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Remodel...don't remuddle!

Posted 09-03-2008 at 04:19 AM by House Lady

An often heard comment at the Parade of Homes is "Now I hate my house". This is typically made by someone who lives in an older home and is seeing all the latest and greatest in the Parade homes. Guess what! They can have a lot of those features in their current home.

Every year statistics for remodeling costs are collected for various sample areas by region. These stats are incorporated into a program that melds the costs with average resale values for remodeled homes. Keep...
Real Estate Agent
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Slow Down - You Move too Fast!

Posted 08-17-2008 at 10:37 PM by House Lady
Updated 08-18-2008 at 06:20 AM by autumngal

What if you could get 10% to 20% of your gasoline for free? You can, in essence . All you have to do is adjust your driving to increase your fuel efficiency. A few other things (see link under item 2) can save you even more.

Quiz: Does it save gas to turn off your A/C and drive with the windows down? (See below*)

1) Drive the optimum speed for your size vehicle while on the highway.The chart at the link below gives the mileage for different vehicle types at three...
Real Estate Agent
Posted in Uncategorized