Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > kaykay
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Rembembering Bryan....

Posted 09-25-2010 at 12:39 PM by kaykay

Our friend Bryan, 38 years old, walked into the presence of Jesus yesterday. He had been battling stomach cancer which was diagnosed only about 6 weeks ago.

Bryan was a full-time worship leader at his church and a true worshipper. Such a precious person with a pure heart. He was hospitalized last week and just 4 days ago his wife said he asked the director of nursing if there were any patients he could go and pray for. He was trying to minister to others till the very end. We...
technophobe married to geek
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Glorious Fall and the harvest moon coincide this year!

Posted 09-23-2010 at 09:38 AM by kaykay

Well, I did my Fall blog a couple of years ago. Is there anything else I can say about my appreciation of this glorious season? Just consider this an addendum, I suppose, to the last one! We usually don't see the arrival of autumn necessarily coincide with the beautiful harvest moon, but we did this year. While it's so wonderful to be able to get out and enjoy a definite nip and crispness to the air, to me autumn also represents coziness. Curling up under a blanket with a good book by the...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Some Monday morning musings or why I don't like the Health Care Reform Bill...

Posted 03-22-2010 at 09:50 AM by kaykay
Updated 03-23-2010 at 09:12 AM by kaykay

as if anyone cares...but here goes

As much as I would like everyone to have health care, I think this bill is just wrong on SO many levels....

First, let me state that I am a former social worker, a hospital social worker, for that matter. I have personally seen the problems when people do not have health care insurance and I feel for them. My heart breaks over many of the sad stories we have heard over the preceding months in an effort to bolster support for...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Christmas always triumphs...

Posted 12-03-2008 at 08:40 AM by kaykay
Updated 12-03-2008 at 12:35 PM by kaykay

My husband says my idea of heaven might be "always Christmas." Indeed, there is a local Christmas store which was named that before they changed their name to something less memorable...which I can't remember now! So needless to say...I kinda like the Christmas season.

Oh sure, Christmas has it's downside and negatives with the oft mentioned commercialization, the crowds, the traffic, disappointments, dashed expectations, possible family conflicts, potential loneliness,...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Happy Fall, Ya'll !!!

Posted 09-22-2008 at 01:01 PM by kaykay

Well, today is officially the first day of Autumn. I love Fall! My favorite season without a doubt. I'm waiting for my friend, ai-angel_writer to write a blog about Fall (which she has promised me she will do soon!) She has such a wonderfully descriptive writing style, I'm sure it will be glorious. In the meantime, however, I decided to write my own "Fall Blog."

Fall just represents freshness to me. Some would say that here in the South we don't enjoy really stunning...
Posted in Uncategorized