Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Life in Tennessee and Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
A daily digest of the beauty, fun and life that can be found throughout Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Ode to the Dandelion

Posted 05-05-2010 at 01:31 PM by cdancy (Life in Tennessee and Virginia)
Updated 05-05-2010 at 02:29 PM by cdancy (resize image)

Whether you call this a flower or a weed, I call it a photographers opportunity. It's a little work of art, intricate, beautiful. It's springs first sigh silently announcing, "I have arrived!" Dandelions are the first flower many children ever give their mothers, making them a mothers skipped heartbeat and heartfelt smile. Before maturity, they are edible and after...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Bridge to Osceola Island

Posted 05-04-2010 at 04:08 PM by cdancy (Life in Tennessee and Virginia)
Updated 05-04-2010 at 04:17 PM by cdancy (correct image link)

Osceola Island in Bristol, TN is beautiful. It's my home away from home. It's one of the places I escape to - and never go without my camera. There's nature, a 1.5 mile long trail around the island, a picnic area, fishing and water - lots of it (there is also the Wier Dam -another post). To me, it's Paradise.

Directions: From 421 in Bristol, turn right...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Virginia Bluebell

Posted 05-03-2010 at 09:43 AM by cdancy (Life in Tennessee and Virginia)

The Virginia Bluebell is a spring woodland flower that can be found in Virginia and Eastern Tennessee. It's a perennial with purple and pink blooms. I found it blooming in abundance on a path near Holston Lake in Bristol TN, kissed by an early morning dew.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Frequently Overlooked Beauty

Posted 05-03-2010 at 09:42 AM by cdancy (Life in Tennessee and Virginia)

Just as you cross over the Holston View Rd bridge in Sullivan County, on the way to Osceola Island, if you will look to your right (as opposed to being drawn to the left, as most everyone is) you will behold hidden beauty. All you have to do is notice it. There is so little traffic out that way if you go early in the morning, that you can actually stop...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Frequently Overlooked Beauty

Posted 05-03-2010 at 09:41 AM by cdancy (Life in Tennessee and Virginia)

Just as you cross over the Holston View Rd bridge in Sullivan County, on the way to Osceola Island, if you will look to your right (as opposed to being drawn to the left, as most everyone is) you will behold hidden beauty. All you have to do is notice it. There is so little traffic out that way if you go early in the morning, that you can actually stop...
Posted in Uncategorized