Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > LookinForMayberry
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Making It Mayberry I didn't find Mayberry "out there," so now I am making Mayberry wherever I go.
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

If you just smile

Posted 04-12-2013 at 09:31 AM by LookinForMayberry

Nat King Cole made this song by Charles Chaplin, John Turner, and Geoffrey Parsons a top ten hit in 1954, two years before my birth. Lucky for me, it was one of my Dad's favorites, perhaps for good reasons.

"Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you"...
Old

Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2013

Posted 11-01-2012 at 07:39 AM by LookinForMayberry
Updated 02-04-2013 at 11:44 AM by LookinForMayberry

I am participating in the Crazy Quilt Journal Project for 2013, and will use this blog post as my continuing blog center.

Read the comments below to see my progress. Readers are welcome to make comment either here or on the accompanying photo album with the photos of the finished blocks each month.

To skip the comments and go straight to my photos, go directly to the album:
Deb's CQ photos

To see other participants works, follow the links on this...
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.

For the past months I've been watching the politics

Posted 10-03-2011 at 04:52 AM by LookinForMayberry

and I have to admit that I am completely flummoxed. I believe people have the capacity for good and evil, and it is our choices that lead us on the paths we travel. I also believe that we have a level of intelligence that helps us navigate the path.

What I've seen in recent months belies that philosophy. I've seen and read so many seemingly intelligent and good people making statements that are so blatantly counter-productive to their own and the public good that I am just weary....
Old

A Christian Looks at Islam

Posted 08-30-2011 at 06:24 AM by LookinForMayberry

Thank you, God, for Pastor Adam Hamilton's sermon presented, to help us fight the true enemies: ignorance and fear.

"A Christian Looks at Islam," Church of the Resurrection

Forgive us Lord, for we know not....

May you go forward from this moment with peace in your heart, and sincere interest in the well-being of others in mind.
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Four Million Still Without Power

Posted 08-29-2011 at 07:03 AM by LookinForMayberry

In the wake of Hurricane Irene, more than 4 million of our fellow Americans are without power today. Their frozen foods are thawing, but many won't have the means to cook it. Hot water -- or water at all, will be a problem. Today's forecast ranges from high 70s to 90s with no A/C.

God be with our fellow Americans in this time of need. Let those that can reach them with help lend a hand, a heart, a word of prayer.

Thank you for the emergency aide personnel, and the community...