Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > LookinForMayberry
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Home Inside my personal life
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Apparently, I've done it again...

Posted 06-26-2011 at 10:49 AM by LookinForMayberry

One might think I would know when I am over-working and avoid these injuries. Actually, I did know that the FMCT class was beyond my capabilities, but I figured since the instructor scaled back the exercises for me, and I left halfway through the class, I would avoid this situation.

NOT. During yesterday's weeding, I got a sharp, stabbing pain in my right knee that got steadily worse through the rest of the day. Hurts to stand, and hurts to walk. Repeated stretching doesn't help. Ice...
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Ahhhh... Saturday... 8)

Posted 06-25-2011 at 08:37 AM by LookinForMayberry

DH left not long ago to continue working on the house he's preparing for re-sale. (He buys, restores, and re-sales homes for his income.) The pooches are snuggled into their respective places, snoozing, and I am close to dressing and heading outside to weed.

It's a good life, thank you, God.

Last night was my first Functional Metabolic Circuit Training (FMCT) class at Gold's Gym, and I was only able to complete the first 15 minutes, of 30 (three sets of five exercises;...
Old

Munch, Chat, and Stitch

Posted 06-19-2011 at 10:41 AM by LookinForMayberry

Last night it was my turn to host the monthly Munch, Chat, and Stitch bash and I was thrilled to have most of the women attend. I think everyone had a good time. Judging from their voices and laughter they did.

I was glad to add two new attendees to the roster, a delightful woman from my dentist's office that beads, and a coworker that is a long-time quilter and crafter in general.

Even Bigun and Ritz got in on the bash, though they had to be shushed downstairs when...
Old

The first "Summer" weekend...

Posted 06-05-2011 at 02:59 PM by LookinForMayberry

Here in the PNW, we've been experiencing mostly grey skies with rain, and temperatures in the 50s-60s, so this sunny weekend in the low 70s has everyone out in their shorts and flipflops, riding bikes, pushing lawn mowers, or walking the trails.

DH and I spent Saturday morning looking at ceiling fans and light fixtures for our newly enclosed deck -- now sun room. Just back from a four day fishing trip in Eastern WA, with an eviction facing him for the foreclosure he bought just before...
Old

I like Wednesdays

Posted 05-25-2011 at 03:48 PM by LookinForMayberry

Since I started taking Wednesdays off from work a few weeks ago, they've become the highlight of my week. I have a hard time keeping track of my weekends and weekdays, now -- and my weeks just fly by!

Today, I knew it was supposed to rain by afternoon, so I got out to do my yard work early. I'd prepared a flower bed for planting Monday after work, so all I had to do is dig the holes and pop in the plants. I planted three each: coneflowers, lupine, and african daisies. Then I dug up...