Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > grumptacular
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Entertainment
Old

Argosy of Photography

Posted 01-31-2014 at 02:19 PM by grumptacular
Updated 01-31-2014 at 04:33 PM by grumptacular

I love admiring great photography. While so many us have the freedom to take pictures with the improvement of a camera feature on our phones, the internet is saturated with pics of all different types. Some of them are nice shots, some are amusing, and some are candid. But most of them can be only describe a snippet of the life in the image.

While I admire the medium, the talent I have for it couldn't fill a dimple on a golf ball. The closest I have ever come to capturing one...
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Chilblains and traffic court

Posted 01-23-2014 at 08:45 PM by grumptacular

This winter has been pretty brutal. I don't run heat in my house, but typically keep a fire in the fireplace. I've ended up using a lot more wood this year than I think I have in the past three winters combined. This morning I got up a little earlier than most in order to split some more logs. It was cold!!! It was about 20 degrees. I enjoy the way the cold air tastes, so crisp, and burns a bit when I'm working hard.

I just sharpened my axe last week so it went pretty quick....
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Horsing around with the animals

Posted 01-22-2014 at 08:41 PM by grumptacular
Updated 01-22-2014 at 09:32 PM by grumptacular

I haven't had the best of luck with animals in my life. Here are a couple of my more amusing or bizarre stories.

In 1971, my parents and grandmother took me to the San Francisco zoo. I am retelling this story from my folks perspective, since I was too young to remember it. I was in a stroller when we pulled up to the monkey exhibit. Across the enclosure was one of the larger males. For what ever reason he zoned in on me and came rushing across the enclosure screaming at the top...
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Superbowl Bound

Posted 01-19-2014 at 10:00 PM by grumptacular
Updated 01-20-2014 at 11:44 AM by grumptacular

AFC Champions for the 2013 season, Denver Broncos. Not the game I anticipated. I expected/hoped it was going to be a closer battle, but Tom Brady did not bring his best game to the Mile High Stadium and the New England defense allowed way to many first downs! As always, you can't discount the ability of the Patriots in the fourth quarter, but it was to little, to late. Peyton Manning orchestrated two drives that took up nearly one whole quarter of the game! Very impressive!! It's hard to keep...
Posted in Entertainment, Humor
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Playoffs, part two!

Posted 01-13-2014 at 03:29 PM by grumptacular

I wish I was a betting man!

The divisional playoffs turned out as I anticipated.

Colts/Patriots-Decisive victory by Brady and the Pats. Andrew Luck? Only luck he had that day was his name. Too many turn overs. Pats win 43-22. Not much of a contest.

Seahawks/Saints-The game started with nearly monsoon conditions. Almost a guarantee that the Saints passing game would be non-existent. After half time though, the weather calmed and the Saints started...