Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > grumptacular
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Weird
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.

String cheese and flour

Posted 02-07-2014 at 05:25 PM by grumptacular
Updated 02-08-2014 at 05:04 AM by grumptacular

I have had a lot of things going on recently. Things pulling me in different directions. Some decisions are made well, some maybe not so great, and some who knows how it will play out. I've been unable to focus on a topic lately. I've written a couple blogs but I haven't posted them yet. They aren't fully dressed, so to speak.

I don't want to loose the habit of blogging on a regular basis. Sometimes it takes a little more discipline to write than others. Sometimes it's a challenge...
Posted in Lifestyle, Weird
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Lineage Linkature

Posted 02-03-2014 at 10:03 PM by grumptacular
Updated 02-05-2014 at 06:17 AM by grumptacular

This past weekend has been one of the most enjoyable, pleasant surprise filled, weekends, I have had in I don't know how long! All sorts of little gems of knowledge and experiences were gained in just a 48 hour period of time. How cool!!

Among all the other things I've blogged about in the past 24 hours is my dad's new hobby. When I was a little kid, my Dad used to play guitar. At some point, because he had kids, the neck of his guitar broke. By the time he had finally gotten...
Old

Millennial Malcontent

Posted 01-25-2014 at 02:46 PM by grumptacular
Updated 01-28-2014 at 12:45 AM by grumptacular

This was a post I wrote in Great Debates today.
My response to the statement;

My generation is going to mess up America!

As each generation passes the torch, the problem extends exponentially with the increase of population. This is written in generalizations and only scratches the surface, but I don't feel like writing this post for the next three or four days. That being said;

Every generation post WWII has played a part in the downward...
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Horsing around with the animals

Posted 01-22-2014 at 08:41 PM by grumptacular
Updated 01-22-2014 at 09:32 PM by grumptacular

I haven't had the best of luck with animals in my life. Here are a couple of my more amusing or bizarre stories.

In 1971, my parents and grandmother took me to the San Francisco zoo. I am retelling this story from my folks perspective, since I was too young to remember it. I was in a stroller when we pulled up to the monkey exhibit. Across the enclosure was one of the larger males. For what ever reason he zoned in on me and came rushing across the enclosure screaming at the top...
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Stars upon thars

Posted 01-11-2014 at 02:20 PM by grumptacular
Updated 01-13-2014 at 02:41 PM by grumptacular

HAHAHA Which two of you put stars on my blogs?! Are you or were you teachers? What qualifies as a 5 star versus a 4 or 3 star blog?? Is it the content of my blog, is my prose lacking a certain amount of positive outlook, or is it even my lack of ability in using comma's correctly? HAHAHA I'm also curious because I will suddenly have two votes after days of no votes. Are the two of you discussing my blog in a PM and then choosing to vote at the same time? It is peculiar.

I...