Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > LookinForMayberry
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Personal Thoughts and Changes Noted Everything that truly touches us changes us in some fashion. In my pursuit of total awareness in each moment, I attempt to note what is changing me, and sharing it with others that they might notice such changes in themselves.
Old

It's All Good

Posted 02-08-2023 at 03:29 PM by LookinForMayberry

My sister, living in north FL, was recently diagnosed with glioblastoma (GBM), an aggressive brain cancer with a very, very low survival percentage WITH surgery and radiation. She's not yet 62, and until a few months ago, an active member of her community, General Manager of a popular restaurant, and loved by her many friends, co-workers, bosses, landlord, etc.

On Jan 14th, she drove herself to the ER near her home, though she didn't know why, and didn't remember getting herself...
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

On the Trail With Bigun, Again

Posted 12-16-2012 at 11:45 AM by LookinForMayberry

It's been MONTHS, but after three physical therapy sessions, doing the prescribed exercises, and two full prescriptions of anti-inflammatory medications, Bigun got to take me on a walk along the trails. It was such a gift. I just love watching that waving tail above those skinny little haunches as he examines every scent. I was afraid perhaps he would feel more exuberant than I was able to control with him off-lead, but he was the perfect gentleman. He would bound about twenty yards ahead, glance...
Old

Good Catch, Bigun!

Posted 04-23-2012 at 11:39 AM by LookinForMayberry

Today's pollen count was down, I felt better, and we'd bought pollen-filter masks yesterday, so I felt equipped to face the elements.

Big' and I "hit the trails!"

I unclip the lead as we get to the trail head, and pull the chuckit out from under my arm, and he starts bouncing, eye whites wide, tongue lolling, tail waggin' and hind feet springing. Pogo dog!

I LAUNCH the ball down the first trail and he's OFF like a blur. With my weak, wobbly...
Old

Hangin' with the Big' Dog

Posted 02-24-2012 at 06:32 PM by LookinForMayberry

Big' and I are here on the sun room floor, me with my back propped up by an ottoman, and him on his bed. For the next two weeks the vet says: "No walking, no active play, no stairs, no jumping up or down."

We ARE talking about Bigun the Wonder Dog, who leaps the flower beds with a grace that defies the leading ballet dancers, runs full tilt after bees, birds, and balls, and that's after clearing the stairs from the upper floor to the lower in seconds.

Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Joining our Spiritual Hands in Peace

Posted 09-02-2011 at 05:34 AM by LookinForMayberry

I believe in the Universal Presence in which all life has its being, and that Presence is known to peoples of all times by various names. My culture names it God, but others call it Allah, Christ, Buddha, Brahman, the Tao, ... and the list goes on.

I understand that the core of all spiritual practice is the practice of harmonizing with life as it is by the means of love and adoration. It is what grows from the heart when the head and ego don't get in its way.

As sentient...