Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > LookinForMayberry
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
For what it's worth My opinions -- and ONLY mine.
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

I know better --- Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Posted 06-23-2011 at 06:37 AM by LookinForMayberry

Revvin' up is not the way to get back into an exercise program -- ugh, I KNEW better!

I first felt the twinges in my upper knee, and quadriceps as I walked Bigun around the gym, before going in for my Pilates Reformer introduction. By the time I got home afterward, I was limping as I walked him back to the gate.

Five Tylenol later and my leg was still shooting with tingly pains from my hip to my foot. There went the Bigun walk and working in the yard.

This...
Old

Mother and Mom

Posted 06-13-2011 at 06:04 AM by LookinForMayberry

The story is that my mother and I parted ways (emotionally) before she delivered me, on May 9, 1956 at 5:30 AM. She'd arranged for my adoption through her doctor, and four days after my birth she walked into the court house in Hastings, Michigan and signed the documents. As far as I know, she never looked back.

The hospital was Catholic, as reportedly was my mother. Twenty, and single, engaged to be married, her fiance didn't want to support another man's child, a product of a "one...
Old

World Misogny

Posted 06-10-2011 at 09:16 PM by LookinForMayberry
Updated 06-10-2011 at 09:32 PM by LookinForMayberry

As long as I can recall, I've thought of myself as a person. I think of other people as persons, too. I don't care what their color is, what they believe, what language they speak. If they behave like a person, look like a person, and quack like a person, I figure they are a person.

I get that men and women are physically different; for that matter, people in general are physically different. I don't question that women and men respond to situations differently. Again, doesn't everyone?...
Attached Files
File Type: txt MisognyKills.txt (2.7 KB, 12 views)
Old

Saturday Morning -- At Last

Posted 03-05-2011 at 09:08 AM by LookinForMayberry

DH is next door in his radio room; I cannot tell if he's talking to himself, or someone on the radio -- judging by the language he's using, I hope it's to himself.

Behind me, Bigun decided I wasn't going to respond to his whining and nudging, and finally settled down to the Greenie chew bone that I bought on sale last night at the Petsmart. He's a destructive chewer, so I have a suspicion it won't last long. He already partially destroyed the rope-rubber ball toy I bought at the same...
Old

Ethanol and Crops

Posted 01-31-2011 at 10:20 AM by LookinForMayberry

I believe it is time for me to make my stand on the issue of bio-fuels, specifically in concern with using our arable lands to grow fuel.

I am against it.

I know that it has been a boon to our farmers, and I am troubled by the plight of our small farmers, but I do NOT believe we should be dedicating our remaining arable lands to growing fuel.

For starters, despite the claims, it is NOT sustainable. As I type, our lands' fertility is depleting and our...