Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Welcome To Case's Column
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Welcome To Case's Column

Let me say a big welcome to all of you for joining me here. I'm going to call these blog meetings Case's Column. I wanted to use "Corner", but that was already taken. Since 2008, it's been a real privilege to come on here and share some of my life with you, and it's a big world where we live.

In these blogs, I'll just speak whatever is on my mind, but we will be playing within the rules here. I may pick a particular topic, point out an event, or shoot the breeze. I'm a little bit of an essayist at times, so I'll just speak what's on my mind, and I might tell a story or two. Or, I might spew out an opinion or three. There will be some serious moments, some tender, some poignant, but there will also be those moments that you'll just bust out laughing. But, hopefully, everything will be in good fun here. And, of course, there's a place below for your comments and thoughts as we go along here. So feel free to join me for the ride -- I sure as heck hope I'm doing this right and not making any mistakes.

Thanks for taking your time in reading Case's Column. Hopefully, you'll enjoy being entertained by it as much as I've enjoyed putting these writings together. And thanks for the time you spend in City-Data.com, where it's great to be alive!

Regards,

case44

1. Old Comment

Case's Fortune Cookie: What Will It Say Today?

Ever had a fortune cookie with no fortune in it??

I have. That stuff does happen.
  2. Old Comment

Ramblings (And Some Hard Truth) About The Shape America's In

Another longtime Democrat has decided he'd had enough of Dems. He's leaving the party and making his way to the Republican side. Bravo! Good for him. We need many, many more to do this. Let's send a powerful message to Marxists everywhere.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lon...publican-party
  3. Old Comment

I Would Not Have Expected H-E-B To Do This

H-E-B just opened their McKinney location today.

Allen, Fort Worth Alliance, Mansfield, and U.S. 380/FM 423 are following.
  4. Old Comment

Case's Column Now Fifteen Years Of Age --- Thanks So Much, Readers!

Can't believe we're already there!

Congratulations to you, and remind me to bring the suds when 20 gets here.
  5. Old Comment

Ryan Seacrest A Modern-Day Dick Clark In More Ways Than One

You summed up Seacrest perfectly. He does remind me of him.
  6. Old Comment
  7. Old Comment

Astros vs. Rangers: The Silver Boot 2023 And Keeping Fingers Crossed

Another victory for the Astros in a thriller today!
  8. Old Comment

Will The Real U.S. President Please Stand Up?

Let me say once again: America does not need to be fundamentally transformed.

Period. We need to be........America!
  9. Old Comment
  10. Old Comment

Mark Levin Is Spot-On: Everything I've Said About Today's Democrats Is True

Folks, pray for America. Pray that this country will once again become a prosperous nation and a number one world power. This can happen!
  11. Old Comment

I-27 Update: The Split Name Revealed, Along With The Spur

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shoe01 View Comment
    Then just flip them, sort of like I-10/I-12 in Louisiana (the shorter route is I-12).
    They can't, shoe. U.S. 87 exists in Big Spring, not Midland. Secondly (and this is why not), there is no north-south U.S. highway designated in Midland, but there is one in Odessa. I cannot see an interstate being built on U.S. 385 anytime soon.

So the mainline has to follow 87. In any event, it makes perfect sense and you can get from Angelo to Lubbock (and vice versa) potentially in less than three hours' time. Regardless of designation, Midland is going to be just fine. They're still going to get a high-quality, four-lane, limited-access interstate going north to south. More on the specs when I can write about them.
  12. Old Comment

Oddly enough, they couldn't make the segment from Raton, N.M., into Dumas a spur connection and just have I-27 go a different direction. With Colorado screwing Ports-to-Plains' original plans because that state decided to go far-left with their ridiculous climate nonsense (which would mean they don't want any more interstate highways built in the state), it forces our hand at the poker table. Ports-to-Plains would have to consider rerouting its corridor through western Kansas.

We'll worry about that down the line. I just want to get I-10 to Lubbock built.
  13. Old Comment

Then just flip them, sort of like I-10/I-12 in Louisiana (the shorter route is I-12).
  14. Old Comment

Word I'm hearing is that this numbering may not be a done deal. U.S. Senator Ted Cruz has a beef with this, claiming better representation of the route in Midland is needed rather than a loop designation. So don't be surprised if I've got to chime back in with another update. At least, now, we've got names.
  15. Old Comment

Heard on Trey Ware's morning show on San Antonio's KTSA-AM (550), via my computer.

LGBTQ = Let's get Biden* to quit.

Good one.
  16. Old Comment

A Few Takeaways From My Recent Bayou City Road Trip

Have become very familiar with Greater Houston this year (long story). Drivers are better than the popular perception in my opinion, and the tollways have better traffic than the freeways, but I guess the latter isn’t really a surprise.

I went when it was cold/cool, and it lived up to the Gulf Coast winter/early spring reputation the four times I went there (stormy/windy/erratic). The exception was the last full day of the fourth trip in late April, when the weather was close to perfect. They probably could have had the roof open at Minute Maid Park that night. Not sure if the Astros were playing at home, though.
  17. Old Comment

Can you say "communism"? That's what America is experiencing now. Today's Democrats only have one goal, and that's turn the USA into something it was never designed to be.
  18. Old Comment

Question From The Back Seat: "Dad, Are We Still In Texas?"

Case, you aren't kidding about that. There's still so much I haven't seen in Texas. All you have to do to experience just how big the state is is when you drive through Houston. I mean, that right there is a never-ending city.
  19. Old Comment

Better Keep Your Eyes On The Road --- There's Debris Out There

The tough is when you see something in front of you, and you don't even know what it is. On top of that, there isn't much time to think about it, and all you could do is act.
  20. Old Comment

KRIV's Berman Ends A Legendary Run In Houston

Case, I do remember seeing some of his reporting on Twitter. If he broke it, you believed it.