Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > emeraldsky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
  1. Old Comment

my pet snake...

I got into more trouble playing around with snakes as an adolescent and early teen than anything else. But now that's a story of it's own. Thanks for bringing back some fun memories.
  2. Old Comment

Mt. Rushmore

Thanks, a great one to share. Enjoyed this positive blog.
  3. Old Comment

josh groban "to where you are"

Thanks for listening Kristynwy. He has such a great voice. I didn't see that show last night, but I have heard Buble. Very talented. I am a fan of Sinatra. Especially his Christmas songs.
  4. Old Comment

josh groban "to where you are"

That is a great song! I remember when I first heard Josh Groban I was just blown away! He is one talented vocalist that is for sure
    Did you see the gentleman on America's Got Talent last night sing to a Josh Groban song? He was a former pro vocalist, but had an accident and almost didn't get his voice back, and that was his first time performing...

Have you ever heard of Micheal Buble? If you like Josh Groban you may like this guy too, he is like a modern Frank Sinatra.
  5. Old Comment

doggie quirks

whew..i was just thinking of the snowman saying "im melting, im melting"-lol..looks like he put a lot of time and imagination into building them!
  6. Old Comment

doggie quirks

That's cool you do that too with your bird JP. And he likes apples!

Here's the world's smallest snowman arguy... notice the grass used for arms, and there is a protruding head there. (okay, it's melted some, but this is really how they used to look. The above was quite an improvement! if a little on the short side...) Did I mention my son is the snowman maker?

7. Old Comment

doggie quirks

either thats one tall cocker spaniel, or the worlds shortest snowmen! lol.
  8. Old Comment

doggie quirks

aww what a cute little dogie, I do that too with my bird shacko except that it takes him about half an hour to eat a single apple slice
  9. Old Comment

doggie quirks

Thanks Blue. I agree with you, they're like family, aren't they. I think I'm going to go try and find a picture of him to post...
  10. Old Comment

doggie quirks

That is so cute, Emeraldsky..It gave me a smile..I do believe there is something of understanding between a person and their pet..
  11. Old Comment

the island of Terceira and 1st kisses

First kiss was @ the age of 12 with a boy named Michael. It was unexpected and I must admit a bit awkward but then again all first kisses are awkward. But I would like to think my first real kiss happened on my wedding day!
  12. Old Comment

too many peppermint patties and the CD allure

I just have to add... the best way to eat a peppermint pattie... here it goes... refrigerate the whole bag. And then when you open up the wrappings to eat one. Just eat the chocolate around the edge 1st... Then the center. That's called savoring...
  13. Old Comment
  14. Old Comment

strawberry banana breakfast crepes

They really are angel! And the reward is worth it. A very tasty treat. Just put some butter down before your 1st one (in the non-stick pan). I also use 2 non-stick pans to cut down the cooking time, have 2 going at once. So once you feel comfortable, get a 2nd pan going. Arguy, you should try 'em. Surprise your family.
  15. Old Comment

you mean they are that easy to make? Oh my goodness, I gotta try this...thanks..
    Posted 07-10-2008 at 09:47 PM by aiangel_writer aiangel_writer is offline
  16. Old Comment

Im hungry now, not that I would attempt to make it myself..lol
  17. Old Comment

rooting for the underdog

I completely agree about rooting for the underdog. Great blog, I enjoyed it.
    Pam
  18. Old Comment

we get who we vote for

Wow Emeraldsky, wonderful Blog! And fantastic Quote, I will have to save that in my files, I love to save Quotes from presidents and founding fathers. I just started doing it recently...

You are so correct, our vote reflects upon so much; we are responsible for the character of our Congress is absolutely right... although once it gets to or past the point of corruption, we have thrown away the weight of our votes because of the manipulation that elected officials get away with in order to get elected...

Great thoughts! Thanks for sharing
  19. Old Comment

rooting for the underdog

I always thought the trumpet sounded cool. And those French horns... I bet you make friends more easily than you think... See, you just made another one.
  20. Old Comment

rooting for the underdog

same here about the football, and I played trumpet in hs band. As for underdogs, I do not make friends easily. I mean, I try but they just don't happen for me. I guess I could use a super friend-maker like you....