U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Blondebaerde
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
  1. Old Comment

(ON): How do I quit smoking ?

With such a lot uncertainty in today’s world, Associate in Nursingxiety levels are striking an uncomparable high. Thankfully, CBD product became additional accessible and numerous than ever, as a natural various for several folks to combat its enervating effects.
    https://www.laweekly.com/list-of-bes...-sale-in-2019/
  2. Old Comment

It's really hard to quite smoking I think. It's 99% a will thing. One idea could be to chew nicotine gums for a while in the beginning just to make it a bit more easy come down...

BR / Josh
    ps. check out my web page for getting fit easier
    https://www.get-fit-faster.com/
  3. Old Comment

You have to quit the habits. One after dinner, one after a drink etc. They are the habits that are hard to quit. A for the addiction, it subsides in about a week and it is gone in less than a month. That is the easy part. You have to change your mindset. This is from a forty year smoker. Cutting down is not the answer. You will never quit by cutting down.
  4. Old Comment

Suggested First 100 Days Manifesto for President-Elect Donald Trump

Oh, no: to be clear, that was merely my musings. I do not believe the President-elect has explicitly enumerated any of the positions I've espoused in the way that I have.

It's a blog, thus an Op/Ed only in this case.
  5. Old Comment

Suggested First 100 Days Manifesto for President-Elect Donald Trump

Are these part of Trump's "mandate" and if so, could you cite references? I have never heard Trump speak of any mass-decommissioning of fossil fuel plants or benchmarks to convert automobiles to electric power. I'm pretty sure those holding the "Trump digs coal" signs seen at Trump rallies in the Appalachia would have boisterously objected.

What you wrote above sounds sensible and sensitive, inclusive and considerate of the complex dynamics involved in many issues in our country.

But neither what you wrote or how you wrote it was reflected in narrative coming from "The Donald" during the long, arduous months of campaigning.

I heard a little about ******* and Putin. And a wall.
    Posted 11-09-2016 at 05:19 PM by flyingsaucermom flyingsaucermom is offline
  6. Old Comment

ON: The World Is Facing A Global Job Crisis

I agree with you 100% People are sheeps to companies.
    Jobs are folding up anyways so why continue chasing a dollar
    That will soon become worthless. I switched my skills to the IT world thinking I'd have better advantage at jobs opportunitis but I am witnessing nothing but discrimination and headaches.
    Someone once told me the IT field is prodominately male driven
    They where not lying.
  7. Old Comment

ON: Automotive New vs. Used: The Math and Logic

I'm selling my 1966 mustang and I was wondering if $8000 is a good price. ...it's in very good condition. .the heater and a/c don't work
  8. Old Comment

LASIK and Willing Dupes

Vision quest

I have experienced nothing but trouble for the past four eyeglass prescription refills. Each has been with a different vendor.

Consideration of lasik surgery is iffy as my astigmatism is quite severe.

One two-year trial of contact lenses failed due to the "football" shape of my eyeballs.

Frankly, I can not see beyond the end of my arms without glasses. Do not mind wearing glasses but lament the four months (NOT an exaggeration) it takes for eyeglass makers to 'get it right' each time my prescription changes.

Not sure where to go from here but really enjoying seeing clearly.
  9. Old Comment

ON: What is with the diversity myth?

I agree with you that diversity of opinion is key in an IT techie kind of field, more so than "appearance" diversity. Keep in mind this isn't the case in all trades "say education, culture studies programs, entrepreneurship, marketing, communications, etc"

Still, the case for appearance diversity in IT is a moral issue, not necessarily an advancement issue of tech progress. If people of certain backgrounds are qualified but denied access to the trade, that is socially concerning because that indicates a lack of "equal access, equal opportunity" as a society. If there's no shortage of IT or need for more IT, that's one thing. But the duty as a society in all trades is to protect equal opportunity. If there isn't equal opportunity, then economically you create a class system, which logically creates underclasses that cannot trust the system they are under, which leads to poverty/crime/scrutiny and problems all preventable by ensuring equal opportunity.

In techie fields I think there is equal opportunity though. You can't always force more diversity when qualifications are the determinant which it should be. If there is equal opportunity and no diversity then the issue is to the Minority groups not represented, to consider what they can do differently in education and training to qualify. If it's an issue of the cost of training, that's the meat of the problem.

Would you agree it would be a shame if highly intelligent persons from poor economic households did not wind up as techies because the educational training was too expensive for them/their families to pay for...even while working through college?
    Updated 12-26-2014 at 06:40 AM by Ericthebean
  10. Old Comment

ON: Florida Keys rank 7th worst for income inequality

I wish the phrase "income equality" would just go away. It's stupid. There are always going to be jobs that command more or less pay than others. Might not sound fair to a lot of people, but that's just the way it is.
  11. Old Comment

Marriage and Civil Unions (Mostly)

Interesting thoughts...
  12. Old Comment

Inequality? Really?

The Leftists are not necessarily evil; I merely disagree with her position (her candidate's). Her methods, however, were not acceptable.
  13. Old Comment

Inequality? Really?

Capitalism is also good for America. Heck, it's what made America. You're doing the right thing by telling those evil leftists to go away. People are always going to make more than some and less than others, and that's just the way it is.
  14. Old Comment

ON: The Suspension of Rights in the Workplace

Needed a Balance of Power

What is needed is a balance of power in the work place, some sort of a workers union. Bosses and even company owners are not the only ones living in this world and they are usually not the ones actually making money for the company.
    In takes a 9 to 1 ratio or even a 100 to 1 ratio of workers to equal the power of management but when there is things go more fairly.
  15. Old Comment

ON: Use of Aptitude Tests for Hiring

This reminds me of the old saying that, " the professional is always at odds with the layman." HR people are now professionals and they work and report to management and they are trained to think of workers, not as fellow laborers nor part of the the company but rather "resources" just like capital and or machines. The working person must find a way to make an end run around these HR people when possible. Find some contact within the company and court their friendship.