Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Lifestyle
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

(In Reply to Thread): At wits end with my 20 year old!

Posted 06-14-2016 at 04:05 PM by Blondebaerde
Updated 06-26-2016 at 12:31 AM by Blondebaerde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly71 View Post
So has anyone here had to get their 20 year old out of the house and how did you do it?

I love my son to eternity and its breaking my heart but this "kid" thinks he knows it all and he really needs a dose of reality!

Sorry for the long post but I'm just looking for some solutions before the "Drill Sargent" mode takes over.
It's easy for me to say...I'm not a parent...but I really have to fall back to how my dad handled it w/me...
Big Data
Posted in Lifestyle
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

What Information is Needed to Be Preapproved for a Mortgage?

Posted 05-31-2016 at 12:39 PM by NativeKansasGirl
Updated 09-21-2017 at 10:04 AM by NativeKansasGirl

After making the decision to purchase a home, you will need to get preapproved for a loan. It is best to do this before starting to look at houses, this way you know what price range you can look in. Saves you from falling in love with something you cannot afford. It also shows seller's that you will be submitting an offer to, that you do qualify to purchase their home.

First step is to fill out a mortgage application. If you do not know of a company to do this with, contact...
Real Estate Agent
Posted in Lifestyle, News
Old

School Districts In Kansas City (on the Kansas side)

Posted 05-23-2016 at 08:05 AM by NativeKansasGirl
Updated 10-11-2017 at 11:54 AM by NativeKansasGirl

Whether you are moving to the Kansas City area or just wanting some information on the school districts, here is a list of the main school districts on the Kansas side of the metro.

Blue Valley Unified School District: This district is made up of students in Overland Park, Leawood and Olathe. It is a 91 square mile district in southeast Johnson County. The administration building is located at: 15020 Metcalf
Overland Park, Ks 66223
Real Estate Agent
Old

Is It Really A Good Thing To Be Connected All The Time?

Posted 05-16-2016 at 11:12 AM by chrissichapman

I had a contractor at my home this morning, pricing out a small job. As we were talking, my cell phone rang, and I let it go to voicemail. A few minutes later, he sat down to make calculations so I used the opportunity to listen the message I received. It was an out of area agent, calling me with a referral. Since we were almost done, I texted back and let her know I was almost done on an appointment and would call her shortly. The next response I got was 30 minutes later, to let me know they had...
Real Estate Agent
Posted in Lifestyle
Old

First Time Home Buyers- A Must Read!

Posted 05-16-2016 at 09:00 AM by NativeKansasGirl
Updated 09-24-2017 at 11:39 AM by NativeKansasGirl

With rent increases on the rise, many people are deciding it's time to purchase their first home. Whether it be a single family home, townhome or condo, purchasing a first home is exciting, but can also seem overwhelming. Many people are concerned with their lack of funds, when it comes to a down payment. There are so many programs available for first time home buyers, that require little to no money down. To relieve some of the first time home buying stress, I've outlined the important steps that...
Real Estate Agent