Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Lifestyle
Old

The Pause, and AA

Posted 05-15-2016 at 12:14 AM by Blondebaerde
Updated 07-09-2016 at 11:18 PM by Blondebaerde

Some years ago I wrote an essay on what I call "the Pause." Meaning: some of us should listen, pause, ponder, and only then think or do. The same seems to be true of writing.

In fact the above seems like good advice in-general. Usually when I free-associate verbally, people grow a bit puzzled, quickly. I'm something of an odd duck and don't seem to mentally process like others.

To wit: decades ago, I gave up drinking. Fortunately, it was easy enough...
Big Data
Posted in Lifestyle
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Becoming and learning to be my own BOSS

Posted 05-10-2016 at 10:08 PM by motherofanxiety

Today's job market is changing rapidly. The regular 9-5 is phasing out and a lot of people don't know how to cope with this change and continue making a steady income.

More and more people are starting to become their own boss. Creating their own business.

Creating your own business/income is challenging but can be done with hard work and determination.

I've been a independent contractor in marketing for 3 years now. Steady income. It works for me...
Posted in Lifestyle
Old

What Fees Can I Expect At A House Closing?

Posted 05-10-2016 at 01:02 PM by NativeKansasGirl

There are several fees that will be paid at closing, in addition to your down payment (if you are making one). RESPA requires all buyers receive a copy of the Uniform Settlement Statement. This statement will show the types of fees and the exact amounts, along with the total amount needed at closing. This is required to be given to you 1 business day before closing.

Statutory Costs: These are expenses you pay to local and/or state agencies. This is not only for buyer's taking...
Real Estate Agent
Posted in Lifestyle, News
Old

Maintenance Provided Communities in the Kansas City Metro

Posted 05-10-2016 at 11:32 AM by NativeKansasGirl

Johnson County, Ks:
The Courts @ Fairfield Village
169th St. & Pflumm, Olathe
Luxury Townhome comm., 7 spacious floor plans ranging from 2200-2500 sq. ft., courtyards & fountains

Asbury Villas
155th St. & Bentwood, Olathe
Ranch style patio homes, lake, nature trails

Mission Reserve
151st St. & Mission Rd., Leawood
Luxury European Villas,waterfalls, fountains, ponds, views of Iron Horse Golf Course
Real Estate Agent
Posted in Lifestyle
Old

Things to do with the kids this summer

Posted 05-09-2016 at 11:42 AM by NativeKansasGirl

Summer is on its way! What do you like to do with your children over the summer? I have compiled a list of some of the fun things to do in the Kansas City metro this summer. Anything to keep us parents from hearing "I'm bored, there's nothing to do!" Please note I am not affiliated with any of these companies and do not receive any compensation. Just trying to help other parents out there, enjoy! Also, I would definitely check out the websites or call for hours, prices and more information....
Real Estate Agent