Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Lifestyle
Old

Why we like to learn about local history

Posted 03-15-2022 at 06:02 AM by RidwanOA

Studying history for most of us means to study history on a large scale. The rise and fall of civilization, the progress of the great social and economic changes, affects everyone briefly every country, the people and the world. The great number of history provided by these studies is of crucial importance, but it is to bear in mind that these great processes and events on which we have been taught by individuals, families, villages and communities from a role in the development has played and history....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg local history.jpg (3.45 MB, 0 views)
Not a member
Posted in Lifestyle
Old

New Me Here In This Forum(City Data)

Posted 03-13-2022 at 06:33 AM by Gifted faith

Hi friends, ummm I'm new here and i just wish everyone is having a great and wonderful time at home or wherever you may be at this time(smile)....

Just wanna say Hi to everyone!...

Feel free to talk about your amazing day below!...
Posted in Lifestyle, Happy
Old

ON: Cabin Fever and Couples Under Same Roof

Posted 03-07-2022 at 01:09 PM by Blondebaerde

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
Venting.

I feel like I am going to burst some days. My husband just doesn't get it, his life has changed very little with this Pandemic. He used to work from home two days a week, now everyday he works from home.

I love my family, but I need my time alone. My third son is now home due to unemployment due to the Pandemic. I just miss being home alone. It isn't the same if I just go somewhere alone. I love the solitude of my home.

So depressed...
Big Data
Posted in Lifestyle
Old

ON: What's the deal with all the fake / troll accounts?

Posted 02-16-2022 at 02:11 PM by Blondebaerde

Quote:
Originally Posted by modest View Post
I've noticed an uptick in the last few months. It's always someone with a month or two old account, less than 100 comments, posting the most trivial, controversial, and provocative thread topics. Sometimes I'll happen across their screen name some weeks or months later and they'll show as "Not a member". I assume this means they left the forum or were removed?

I don't know where to discuss, but always enjoy the commentor's opinions who frequent this sub.
Big Data
Posted in Lifestyle
Old

Working Out Post WLS: Physical vs. Mental Game

Posted 02-16-2022 at 11:27 AM by Blondebaerde
Updated 04-14-2022 at 07:09 AM by Blondebaerde

Found another "I want to work out, become a beast mode (whatever)!" post elsewhere. Presumably from someone pre-op or just post who is tired of being...huge? Who wants results "right now." Just wow ... Op/Ed from 18 mon post VSG (a form of weight loss surgery) perspective:

By coincidence, the trainer and I were chuckling yesterday. He had a new client who wants to "Work out gaaaah!" 6 days/week to see results in...2 months? By spring? Meaning, the...
Big Data
Posted in Lifestyle