Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Lifestyle
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Small Living Spaces: 6 Tips to Maximize Storage

Posted 02-28-2015 at 03:32 PM by girlpaint
Updated 02-28-2015 at 03:33 PM by girlpaint (added categories)

Your small home has more storage space than you think. For relatively little money but a lot of common sense and ingenuity, there's space to be found.

Finding storage space in a small home doesn't require remodeling or room additions. Start by getting rid of accumulated stuff. Take a hard look at room space, and buy furniture and storage items that can do double duty.

Here are six no- and low-cost ideas on how to maximize storage that won't empty your savings account:...
Old

What's To Love About Santa Fe? What's NOT To Love?!

Posted 02-28-2015 at 03:29 PM by girlpaint
Updated 02-28-2015 at 03:31 PM by girlpaint (image is WAY too big so I'm deleting it)

Many people have some funny, preconceived notions about Santa Fe, New Mexico even though lots of them have never even been here. I often hear the most amazing (not-quite-true) things about my adopted home town, and as a proud Santa Fean, I feel it's my duty -- and also my pleasure -- to educate people about Santa Fe, one of the world's most magical places.

Here are some common "myths" about Santa Fe which I've hopefully dispelled.

"It's a desert."...
Old

Ode to the High End 1911

Posted 02-25-2015 at 02:47 PM by Blondebaerde
Updated 02-26-2015 at 05:27 PM by Blondebaerde

(A gun commentary...and somewhat obtuse. A '1911' is a type of pistol, an engineering marvel designed by John Browning more than a hundred years ago. They are still in use today, and were a major part of US troop arsenals from WW I (!) to today's war theaters. Think on that: a mechanical device built BEFORE the Ford Model T is still relevant and beloved today, by both modern armies and civilian enthusiasts (and certain law enforcement). The high end versions of these, today, are like fine watches,...
Big Data
Posted in Lifestyle
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.

Rent to Own Pitfalls

Posted 02-17-2015 at 10:22 AM by PAHouseLink

If you found this article via a search, I’m guessing you won’t be happy with what I’m about to tell you.

However, if you’re a Buyer, looking to do a Rent to Own, I’ll guarantee I’ll save you some money & angst, and if you are a Seller/Landlord I may be able to help fend off potential future litigation – either way, its good info that anyone looking to do a Rent to Own should know.

Let’s start out with the premise; on the outside, Rent to Own sounds...
Not a member
Posted in Lifestyle
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Why are Americans more overweight than people from other countries?

Posted 02-17-2015 at 07:52 AM by 32 Mondays

Let's face it, we as a nation are fat. Now, why is it so?

You might have guessed some of the reasons: huge portion sizes, little exercise, too much sugary foods, no mindful eating, stress, etc.

Funny story: Despite the US being a melting pot of so many nationalities, an average American has way too few ingredients typical for some cuisines, like for example fruit and vegetables, healthy olive oil, fish, nuts and legumes that make out the Mediterranean diet.
Posted in Lifestyle