Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Lifestyle
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 4.00 average.

On What Made the Difference: Turning Eighty.

Posted 09-29-2014 at 05:40 PM by Fortoggie

On the event's leading up to my eightieth! Born in the great depression the memory has lingered there like a caged lion; an occasional roar and a slap at the bars has kept me uneasy all these years. Then a reminder that the discovery of penicillin and the polio vaccine made it possible for me to hear the Lion roar. The thunder of WWII, kept me from becoming arrogant, while the demand for labor after the war allowed me to start my adult life with a bang.
Along the way I came to realize that...
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

ON: Teachers Packing Heat at School (Article Posted)

Posted 09-29-2014 at 01:23 PM by Blondebaerde
Updated 09-30-2014 at 04:36 PM by Blondebaerde

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
This teacher managed to shoot herself in the leg carrying a gun to school.

http://www.newsweek.com/utah-teacher...-anyone-269923
I'm no fan of oppressive gun control laws...we've got plenty of other C-D threads to discuss that. Just the opposite, in-fact. God bless the 2nd Amendment, and Confiscationists / Hitlerites being repeatedly overturned by courts or voted out of office past few years in the United States.

That-said,...
Big Data
Posted in Lifestyle
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 4.00 average.

A lesson in Truth and Instinct - advanced human senses

Posted 09-28-2014 at 04:56 AM by caliwebman

Realize that we have many, many more senses than just the 5 main senses of sight, smell, hearing, tasting and touching. Albeit the advanced senses don't give themselves away so one must work to hone them, they must be more aware, in tune. Perhaps instinct is a most important sense. the, "gut" feeling. The reason it is a gut feeling is because the answer comes to you and through you at light speed, a subtle jolt if you will. Most of us too busy, on sensory overload, or just numb aren't...
Posted in Lifestyle, News
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 3.00 average.

True Islam Teaches Good Deeds along with Faith. Welcome to Divine Solution of Honour.

Posted 09-26-2014 at 09:56 AM by PromisedPeace

Peace be on everyone.
The basic purpose of every religion from God is to bring human closer to God and to teach them how to be be good to other people who share the planet with them. Worship God and pay human rights is the purpose of true faith. Holy Quran has several verses which ask believers to do virtuous deeds. It uses the word 'amley saleh' for virtuous deed.

What is 'amley saleh'? Amley saleh or virtuous deeds are the deeds which are clear of any selfish...
Posted in Lifestyle, News, Happy
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 2.50 average.

Daughters friend stealing things

Posted 09-22-2014 at 04:41 AM by Zeurich

I have a daughter from age 8. She has bunch of friends. Comparing to whole class there are 25 kids but only 6 girls. She is friend with every one. She play with every one but the story goes about Pinky( Name from air)
Pinky is so adorable, very polite, talk very soft. And every one likes her. Also she gives lots of gifts to her friends. My daughter received some some items more often. So I used buy some little gift and send via my daughter as a thank you or admiring what pinky did.( what...
Life is better with friends