Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Lifestyle
Old
Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Does it snow in Redding, CA?

Posted 08-04-2012 at 11:17 PM by ShastaLiving (Blogging About Redding)
Updated 09-22-2016 at 06:54 PM by ShastaLiving (spelling error)

I can't tell you how many times I've been asked this question, in fact just today someone from the Bay Area asked (which is what prompted this post)! And I can see why...people think since we're located just a couple of hours South of Oregon that we get snow.

Well...we do...somewhat...just a little...like every 3-5 years. Wait...I'm not saying it never snows, I'm talking snow snow, heavy, white, stick on the ground snow! That doesn't happen every year in Redding. We may get...
Real Estate Agent
Posted in Lifestyle
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Good places to live in Redding Ca (Mary Lake Neighborhood)

Posted 08-04-2012 at 11:10 PM by ShastaLiving (Blogging About Redding)

Because of what I do for a living, I'm often asked what are my favorite neighborhoods here in Redding CA. That's a tough one! I say that because there's not "a" favorite, I have several that I really like.

Looking towards West Redding, I really like Mary Lake, it's an older, well established neighborhood of older and newer homes but very clean and well maintaned. Lots of character in this community.

There's a small lake (well...more like a pond) surrounded
Real Estate Agent
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Cruel Summer

Posted 07-31-2012 at 04:43 PM by BadKittehs

This has been the weirdest summer I can ever remember. It came early this year, no spring to speak of, just winter and then overwhelming heat.

So many forest fires all at once. The air was so bad from the burning that people with breathing problems were told to stay inside and use air conditioning. So that's what I did and now my utility bill is so high I don't know how we will pay it. That plus the unending heat, record-breaking temperatures for days on end. In attempting to stay
Posted in Lifestyle
Old

People Getting Divorced

Posted 07-22-2012 at 03:58 PM by davidals

I don't know the precise title of the poem, or the precise year in which it was written, but there's an old piece by Lawrence Ferlinghetti, which opens with the following words: People getting divorced / driving around with their things in their car...

My first encounter with Mr. Ferlinghetti was highly unanticipated - in my lowly high school, located in a suburb of Charlotte, the library included a handful of examples of beat writing: a general anthology, and two of Ferlinghetti's...
Posted in Lifestyle, Weird
Old

Give Give Give Me More More More

Posted 07-22-2012 at 03:47 PM by davidals

(February 2010 draft)

So there's this great moment in the world of customer service: you're completing a transaction, and it's usually not an especially impressive one, when the guy in question - in a moment of grand, high theatre - snakes his arm around the credit card terminal, a fat shield of flesh manouvered to prevent your (that is to say, my) prying eyes from making the mental notation of his PIN number.

Dirty peon or not, I've been the victim of nefarious...
Posted in Lifestyle, Weird