U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Lifestyle
Old

Annapolis, MD Restaurant Week

Posted 02-08-2019 at 07:20 PM by TracyMDREGal

March is right around the corner and you don't want to miss Restaurant Week in Annapolis.

The event will be held from March 2 - 10, 2019 and as in the past 9 years, promises not to disappointment.

There will be 40 establishments participating in downtown Annapolis and the surrounding Annapolis area.

Each participating restaurant offers two-course lunches ($15.95) and three-course dinners ($34.95).

Visit annapolisrestaurantweek.com for...
Real Estate Agent
Old

Life in Sherman Oaks, CA

Posted 02-06-2019 at 12:37 AM by LoveMeSomeSFVHouses

If you're thinking of moving to Sherman Oaks, CA, here are some of the fun reasons why it might be a good neighborhood for you.

Housing prices in the San Fernando Valley are notoriously more affordable than the LA Basin, with a little more bang for your buck. In Sherman Oaks, it has an additional benefit of being located at the 405 and 101 freeway connection, allowing for easier commutability than other Valley neighborhoods.

Depending on where a home is located, one...
Real Estate Agent
Posted in Lifestyle
Old

Why do people dislike slowpokes so much?

Posted 02-03-2019 at 04:37 PM by Blondebaerde

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppiesandKittens View Post
I can't stand slowpokes: principally people who walk very slowly on the sidewalk or who sit there on escalators. However, even people who are slow in doing things drive me up the wall.

Are you the same way? If so, why? Surely it's a psychological issue.
No one addressed the question: "Why do..."

If you are walk left, stand right, I have no concerns. You are an obstacle, I will exit that from my path immediately and w/o concern.
Big Data
Posted in Lifestyle
Old

Housing Lottery Success Stories

Posted 01-23-2019 at 07:49 AM by newapt

Can anyone break down their process of how they got to sign a lease for a housing lottery apt please?
Posted in Lifestyle
Old

Safe Bet, or Risk it All?

Posted 01-21-2019 at 10:58 PM by Blondebaerde

Interesting dilemma. Think I know what I’ll do, but quite the choice:

OPPORTUNITY 1: Verbal offer in place, and accepted, as of Friday: remote PM, 40% travel, firm based in SF. I’m in Seattle. Exactly what I do exceptionally well. Really “fun” work (but still work w/big responsibilities).

Comp: mid-hundreds, $10K signing, 15% bonuses annually based on perf, excellent benefits, 5,000 options that vest in 3-4 years as firm is privately held. Company is small, would...
Big Data
Posted in Lifestyle