Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Angry
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

More Deadly S**t In My Country. Frustrated, Not Scared.

Posted 10-12-2014 at 07:35 PM by Blondebaerde
Updated 12-31-2014 at 06:21 PM by Blondebaerde

Wondering about Ebola, with a second diagnosed case (at this writing) and trying not to make my concerns too political. I'll yell at my opponents some other day, this is about national security.

Be worried "if"...and it's a huge if...the countries with major outbreaks start much more radical measures to "contain" themselves from spread of this disease. Guessing that would only happen if things are raging, out of control. Hope it doesn't come to that. I do...
Big Data
Posted in Angry
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

ON: Blue Sky Excuses, aka Might have to quit good job because of G.D car!

Posted 09-23-2014 at 05:40 PM by Blondebaerde
Updated 10-11-2014 at 09:54 PM by Blondebaerde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Fats View Post
Oh ugh what a reply to someone upset and seeking help. UGH
Let me clarify a bit (RE my earlier post on the subject, which does not seem to sit well with some).

As another person pointed out in this ever-expanding thread, a lot of C-D is matter of perspective. Executives, responding to those just starting out in the working world. Ph.Ds and HS dropouts. High-performers and slackers. Black, White, and every color in between. Americans, Australians, Europeans, etc....
Big Data
Posted in Angry
Old

ON: Not Everyone Is Smart Enough To Study Engineering, Accounting, or Computer Science

Posted 09-18-2014 at 04:06 PM by Blondebaerde
Updated 10-07-2014 at 11:44 AM by Blondebaerde

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Not everyone is smart enough, eh...?

You know, they did this study where they had these people take IQ tests (for the study)...and the people pretty much did as predicted. IQ group of 79-ish did 79-ish, 99 did 99-ish, and high group did high.

Then they told them that the better they did, they would get some treat or reward...I forget what it was...

Anyway, suddenly, the 79 group scored in the 90s.

Which tells you something about IQ
Big Data
Posted in Lifestyle, Angry
Old

ON: Despicable Journalism, Confusing of Cause vs. Effect

Posted 09-18-2014 at 01:59 PM by Blondebaerde
Updated 10-11-2014 at 10:02 PM by Blondebaerde

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytofly View Post
African-American women are the only demographic in the United States whose unemployment rate has not improved over the past year, according to a National Women's Law Center analysis of the latest jobs data.

Black Women Are The Only Demographic Not Gaining Jobs
Was rather puzzled by all this, until I quickly realized the article is from Huffington Post. A far Left mouthpiece. There is little analysis, though they touched on it very briefly, only a statement of one...
Big Data
Posted in Angry
Old

ON (C-D Post): 9/11--I Kind of Wish We WOULD Forget, Too Much Security/Paranoia

Posted 09-12-2014 at 01:29 PM by Blondebaerde
Updated 12-15-2014 at 03:41 PM by Blondebaerde

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
I am probably the only one who feels this way and of course many will think this post tasteless, but it's nonetheless how I feel.

To an extent, I think we should forget 9/11.

To me, THAT is life should be, and it is such a refreshing change from what I otherwise see--people flipping out if their kids play outside in their own yard for more than 5 seconds without constant supervision, people requiring you to practically have a background check just
Big Data
Posted in Angry