Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Angry
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

working 40 hours and a holiday plus overtime will i get overtime pay also in mass.

Posted 01-10-2014 at 07:05 PM by krys21

working 40 hours and a holiday plus overtime will i get overtime pay also in mass.
Can someone work a 40 hour week and have 9 hours holiday pay on Monday plus be paid overtime pay for hours worked after the 40 hours? Or because you worked a holiday on Monday you now lose hours worked over 40 that week?
I worked 50 hours with one holiday of 9 hours on Monday. I got paid for 40 hours regular time,
9 hours holiday time, and no overtime paid even though I worked over the 40 hours...
Posted in Lifestyle, News, Angry
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Things we wish were not true.

Posted 01-10-2014 at 01:13 PM by Fortoggie

A bit of southern history; After the civil war and up through the 30's all southern states had convict-leasing laws that leased, mostly black laborers to coal mines and to railroads. In the 1920's, according to Jack Beatty historian, Alabama took in more money from leasing these black workers than they took in from taxes. The blacks worked for nothing, without shoes are any protective gear and on average 45% died during their six month sentence.
Newspaper editors knew about this and the city...
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

My merry go round, keeps breaking down.

Posted 01-09-2014 at 05:18 PM by grumptacular

I went and evicted my tenant today. The house is trashed. There isn't a single door that doesn't have a hole in it. Several of the door jambs are destroyed. Every bedroom has holes punched in the wallboard. Cigarette burns in the carpet of the master bedroom. Runner boards are missing. Banister rail had been ripped down. Fire alarm had been ripped out. Screens are torn or filled with holes. And I am still paying for the last set of renovations I put into that house.

She was...
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

What's Going On Here?

Posted 01-09-2014 at 01:40 PM by Fortoggie

Here in our area, we now have electric meters that are read digitally from a distance and without the need for meter readers. My guess is that the new meters were made in China, thus we did not use U.S. workers to make the new and we laid off meter readers. Talk about being caught on the short end of the stick! A second issue is the possibility that software could be tinkered with internally so as to cost us more without our knowing about it.
Our electric service comes from Georgia Power,...
Posted in Lifestyle, Angry
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Some very Sad Numbers

Posted 01-03-2014 at 08:47 AM by Fortoggie

The final numbers are in for 2013 and 988 people were killed on Tennessee highways for the year. That number should make us want to have a revolution, to get out on the highways in mass with flags and threats of sending people to the mental institutions but alas it hardly makes a dent in our physic.
By comparison 125 soldiers were killed in Afghanistan in 2013 and of course Tennessee is only one state. About 34,000 were killed in auto crashes nationwide.
What to do? Federal, State and...
Posted in Lifestyle, News, Angry