U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Free-R
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

"The Case of the Missing Talent"

Posted 03-26-2022 at 05:55 PM by Free-R

The first short story I ever wrote was titled "The Case of the Missing Sandwich," a story about a detective trying to get to the bottom of a stolen meal. I wrote it as a kid on my grandmother's typewriter. She was a business secretary for a chemical company, and her husband, my grandfather, had his own business, so they had a typewriter readily available, mainly to write up official-looking documents and to type up invoices. Sadly, a copy of that story did not survive, as far as I have...
Abstract Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

"Too Many Spins"

Posted 03-22-2022 at 08:38 AM by Free-R

Company of a bygone
High gone
Isn't she at ease?
Benny Goodman on the reel-to-reel
She's not hard to please

Now an intro to Seattle
Back when men wore beepers
Handled vestiges,
+ boxes + bundles
Of geometric plastic
But cut gloves and tattered sweaters, you know?
So don't get too ecstatic
"That music's nice"
Respect for sage advice
From that 1099 chimney sweeper

Signing five-finger autographs...
Abstract Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

"Getting Back on the Seahorse"

Posted 02-20-2022 at 08:24 AM by Free-R

"Hello, there"
Just spent your very last dime
Long way to go, now
I suppose you know
Now
In the meantime
As you follow
Hands in motion
More years you borrow
Somehow

Captain's calling
What's the matter?
Rafts filled with patience
Atop multi-tiered ladders
So bottoms up, now
All those things that she's been thinkin'

At the club
A bar
Abstract Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

"Forever Done"

Posted 02-19-2022 at 06:00 PM by Free-R
Updated 05-18-2022 at 08:26 AM by Free-R (Changed title from "Unfixed" to "Forever Done," which was an actual line used in our final communications)

"Candy," I know that it has been 14+ years of "no contact," by my choosing, even though you offered friendship, but I just hope you know that through all the hurt, pain and anger on both sides, I will always be appreciative of our time together. I came really close the other day to throwing out all the old letters, photos and other communication that still exists from our dating years. I'm getting advice from numerous people (in real life) that I should toss it all. But I stopped...
Abstract Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 30 votes, 5.00 average.

Understanding Modern Electronic Music Classifications/Genres. Kind Of.

Posted 06-02-2014 at 07:42 PM by Free-R

If you follow my postings in the music forum, you will be able to see that I am into a lot of modern electronic music. And, if you were like I was when I first started exploring this genre, there is a good chance that you are consistently saying to yourself, “I kind of like this [song]. What genre is this?” You might even be familiar with some of the mainstream songs that receive airplay on your local radio dial, such as Zedd, Avicii, Ellie Goulding, or electronic-influenced material from Lady...
Abstract Member
Posted in Uncategorized