Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Welcome To Case's Column
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Welcome To Case's Column

Let me say a big welcome to all of you for joining me here. I'm going to call these blog meetings Case's Column. I wanted to use "Corner", but that was already taken. Since 2008, it's been a real privilege to come on here and share some of my life with you, and it's a big world where we live.

In these blogs, I'll just speak whatever is on my mind, but we will be playing within the rules here. I may pick a particular topic, point out an event, or shoot the breeze. I'm a little bit of an essayist at times, so I'll just speak what's on my mind, and I might tell a story or two. Or, I might spew out an opinion or three. There will be some serious moments, some tender, some poignant, but there will also be those moments that you'll just bust out laughing. But, hopefully, everything will be in good fun here. And, of course, there's a place below for your comments and thoughts as we go along here. So feel free to join me for the ride -- I sure as heck hope I'm doing this right and not making any mistakes.

Thanks for taking your time in reading Case's Column. Hopefully, you'll enjoy being entertained by it as much as I've enjoyed putting these writings together. And thanks for the time you spend in City-Data.com, where it's great to be alive!

Regards,

case44

Old

Astros Could Make A Case For Eschenfelder On The Airwaves

Posted 06-19-2021 at 08:47 PM by case44 (Welcome To Case's Column)

I know that he's just filling in while number one guy Robert Ford takes a few days off, but I think Kevin Eschenfelder handles these radio duties very well on the Houston Astros broadcasts.

What really stood out more than anything is his handling of the post-game show, what has easily been baseball's dullest and worst. Ford tends to get a bit disoriented during those post-game shows, but Eschenfelder's initiative makes listening a lot more palatable. This is something...
Simply Proud To Be Humble
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

East Side, West Side --- A Texas ISD's Drastic Altering

Posted 06-14-2021 at 07:55 PM by case44 (Welcome To Case's Column)
Updated 07-26-2021 at 11:50 AM by case44

I amaze myself sometimes with an uncanny ability to stumble across unexpected things. Over the weekend, I was looking something up on Google for something in Wichita Falls, Texas. While that was happening, I stumbled into some words thrown in from other people's searches, and one of those read "new high school". Upon seeing that, I thought, "Hey, this is interesting. Maybe I should check it out."

Now, Wichita Falls hasn't really done a lot...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Suds On Car Washes That Can't Deliver

Posted 06-14-2021 at 12:40 PM by case44 (Welcome To Case's Column)

Here's a great question for you to lactate on for a bit: How can a car wash offer soap that looks like soap, but not clean your automobile like soap?

Well, this question is about to be answered right here on Case's Column.

All the dirty appearances which were spotted on my lovely Toyota in a recent car wash stop during my road trip in Fredericksburg, Texas, actually still appeared the exact same way upon departing same. Bad soap; that's what it was....
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

More Leftist Stupidity: Taking Gas-Powered Cars Away

Posted 06-14-2021 at 12:12 PM by case44 (Welcome To Case's Column)

The following excerpt is taken from a thread starter in Automotive, and its title is, "No More New Gas Cars After 2035 In Massachusetts". Here's another example in how the American left is so stupid in its thinking whilst they want to control and destroy all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
Another state has followed California’s example in banning the sale of new gasoline-powered vehicles. This time, it’s Massachusetts, and it’s aiming for a more electric-friendly state by 2035."
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

H-E-B Making Serious Inroads In Lubbock and Dallas

Posted 06-12-2021 at 07:35 AM by case44 (Welcome To Case's Column)
Updated 02-11-2022 at 07:05 PM by case44

This is the stuff that can only be made in Texas. H-E-B grocery stores have been the main go-to for folks in a big chunk of the state of Texas, most notably Midland, San Antonio, Austin, Houston, as well as the central and southern parts of the state.

Well, sports fans, that's changing now.

Here comes H-E-B to places like Lubbock and (drumroll, please....)...........the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. I'll get to the latter in a moment, but first,...
Posted in Uncategorized