Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Welcome To Case's Column
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Welcome To Case's Column

Let me say a big welcome to all of you for joining me here. I'm going to call these blog meetings Case's Column. I wanted to use "Corner", but that was already taken. Since 2008, it's been a real privilege to come on here and share some of my life with you, and it's a big world where we live.

In these blogs, I'll just speak whatever is on my mind, but we will be playing within the rules here. I may pick a particular topic, point out an event, or shoot the breeze. I'm a little bit of an essayist at times, so I'll just speak what's on my mind, and I might tell a story or two. Or, I might spew out an opinion or three. There will be some serious moments, some tender, some poignant, but there will also be those moments that you'll just bust out laughing. But, hopefully, everything will be in good fun here. And, of course, there's a place below for your comments and thoughts as we go along here. So feel free to join me for the ride -- I sure as heck hope I'm doing this right and not making any mistakes.

Thanks for taking your time in reading Case's Column. Hopefully, you'll enjoy being entertained by it as much as I've enjoyed putting these writings together. And thanks for the time you spend in City-Data.com, where it's great to be alive!

Regards,

case44

Old

Baby Lives Matter: A Victory For America

Posted 06-24-2022 at 05:44 PM by case44 (Welcome To Case's Column)

It needed to go. This had been an unconstitutional waste of a law, and you cannot federalize the things that individual states can actually decide on.

Technicalities aside, America got some needed good news this morning when the Supreme Court decided to strike down the Roe v. Wade travesty. So, now, the power of decision goes back where it belongs, to individual states. In addition, that same Supreme Court also struck down a ridiculous New York gun-grabbing law...
Simply Proud To Be Humble
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Will Case Support TEXIT? Yes, If We Don't Get Our Country Back

Posted 06-22-2022 at 07:07 PM by case44 (Welcome To Case's Column)

Folks, this plain, flat-out goes without saying: We need to get the midterms right.

And by that, I mean, Republicans are going to need to sweep practically every election out there. Where the primaries are concerned, Patriots are rising up and, in many races, are beating RINOs in the vote tallies. It's an encouraging sign for the November midterms. Now, realistically, the Good Guys might not win 'em all, but we hope to get as many as we can if the...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

One Old Sign You Won't Believe (Among Other Things)

Posted 06-20-2022 at 07:52 PM by case44 (Welcome To Case's Column)
Updated 06-21-2022 at 05:42 PM by case44

Nothing like an excerpt from Dallas television's film vaults to keep us enlightened, and this clip to come is from WFAA-TV (Channel 8 - ABC) back in its Early Edition / Final Edition news days. I wasn't born yet when this clip occurred, but that's not important now.

In the vid below, watch the first few seconds of it and put it on pause. You want to see a funny road sign? Well, this one here is in a town not too far from where this writer lives. It's located...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Perhaps ABC Needs A New Name

Posted 06-20-2022 at 06:16 PM by case44 (Welcome To Case's Column)

It had its origins spinning off from NBC, believe it or not. That was back in the radio days of the 1940s. ABC became a fledgling network by the time television made its way into our ways of living. It spent years in the shadows of CBS and NBC, but it would eventually make its big splash in America's channel choices of yore.

Here we are today in 2022, and the American Broadcasting Company is still around, with daytime and prime-time programming, along with its longtime...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Don't Be Surprised If We See A New Political Party Arise Very Soon

Posted 06-20-2022 at 05:51 PM by case44 (Welcome To Case's Column)

Usually, the people with the most common sense are Republicans (Patriots and conservatives, not really the RINOs). Given the events our nation has experienced since the stolen 2020 election, some folks who call themselves Democrats are actually going for a change of heart.

If you've been paying attention to things (and that means rejecting the Fake News networks and perusing more objective sources like The Epoch Times, Newsmax, Dr. Steve Turley, and One America News),...
Posted in Uncategorized