Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > llrivero
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Humor
Old

Happiest Place on Earth.... Meltdown!

Posted 04-29-2017 at 08:06 AM by llrivero

This weekend has been a long planned girls weekend to the Magical place of Disney World! The magic was lost on the kids who were having meltdown's all around us! We decided the Magic Kingdom is wonderful, but most likely best visited at night by adults who are kid free. LOL

Granted, we are all Mom's...... "been there done that"....... so.. we understand the pain and frustration that Mom's go through with meltdown moments. BUT... I felt bad for the kids who were only...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bad-Family-Photos-Disney.jpg (162.8 KB, 2 views)
Real Estate Agent
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

A Haunted Past in Charlotte County- Florida

Posted 04-10-2017 at 01:17 PM by llrivero

***** A Haunted Past *****
I am always fascinated by ghost stories, the paranormal, and history that can lend a hand in the haunting of a building...
I posted an article a while back about Lake Okeechobee and the mass graves that were discovered in the lake...... the hurricane that killed so many people that ended up in mass graves......... the area surrounding Lake Okeechobee and the banks of the Lake have many stories dating back to the 1800's of people claiming to hear sounds of...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sandlin House Punta Gorda.jpg (163.9 KB, 0 views)
Real Estate Agent
Old

My Favorite Florida Activity

Posted 04-04-2017 at 12:51 PM by llrivero

The best part of spring and summer....... grilling out... backyard parties..... pool parties.......potlucks.... pretty much anything that has to do with being outside by the pool and eating food! This activity is a right of passage for some of the men in my family..... the passing of the BBQ Tools..... the secret rub recipe...... the passing of the applewood smoked ribs responsibility... (only the most committed of the smokers gets up at 4 am to get the flames started)

Recently...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg quiad-vacation.jpg (23.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg maxresdefault.jpg (154.4 KB, 0 views)
Real Estate Agent
Old

Time to Load Up the Family Truckster....

Posted 03-29-2017 at 09:40 AM by llrivero

Ahhhhhhh yes....... the good ole family road trip! Back in the day my family would use our summer vacations to load up the family truckster and hit the road to travel to the next family reunion or out to California to visit the Grandparents.... and it did not matter where we lived....... we were going to California...... and we even did it when we lived in Kentucky. My Dad was active duty military so we were all over the country and the world!

I have good memories of the family...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alphabet-game-road-trip-games.jpg (18.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg griswold-disney-vacation-follow-us.jpg (60.8 KB, 1 views)
Real Estate Agent
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

The BIG HAIR Days!

Posted 03-24-2017 at 12:52 PM by llrivero

So, here I was driving in the car....... deep in thought when Prince comes on the radio. Of course, I turn it up..... "that's my jam"!! The next song comes on..... and I know the words to this one too. Madonna!! That is when I realized the radio station is tuned to an 80's station. My husband must have found it... and can I say.. Way to Go! As I drive along jamming out and singing along to the musicians and songs of my day I started thinking about how I have officially become O-L-D!...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1433263375-hot-pink-blush.jpg (36.6 KB, 0 views)
Real Estate Agent