Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > llrivero
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Humor
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Chickiti China the Chinese Chicken

Posted 03-20-2017 at 06:24 PM by llrivero

Tonight I went to get chinese food from the isolated, singular, ONLY chinese take out place in town the size of a one horse town...... and I am sure the horse is safe.... I started thinking about all of the great chinese restaurants I have had the pleasure of patronizing in my life.........

First of all, New York City has the BEST chinese food... hands down! I know all of the readers who are from that area can agree. That is the best chinese food EVER! Boston has as a great...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UXzEH.jpg (33.9 KB, 0 views)
Real Estate Agent
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Treasure Hunting at Goodwill!

Posted 03-19-2017 at 11:06 AM by llrivero

I absolutely love going into thrift stores and consignment stores. You never know what you are going to find!

The old saying, One's mans trash is another mans' treasure, is so true! I love giving new life to old pieces and making it into something for me.

We went yesterday and there were so many possibilities!

However, hubby said until I finish what I have going I can't buy more projects. I also love the ability to spend $10.00 on a new outfit...
Real Estate Agent
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Strange Facts About Florida!

Posted 03-14-2017 at 02:29 PM by llrivero

-Key West has more bars per capita than any other place in the country!

-Happy Hour starts at 9 am at the Schooner Warf Bar, in Key West

-Golfers Love Florida!! In fact Florida has more golf courses than any other state in the United States.

-There are over 30,000 lakes and over 1,000 golf courses.

-Florida has 34 commercial wineries that produce native Muscadine wines.

-GATORADE was named after the University of Florida...
Real Estate Agent
Old

Did You Know???

Posted 03-14-2017 at 01:08 PM by llrivero

- That no matter where you live in Florida you are never more than 60 miles from the ocean?

- That in 1987 Siesta Key Beach won an award for the Whitest Sand in the World? It is 99% pure quartz crystal, therefore cool on the feet.

-Key Largo, in the Florida Keys is known as The Dive Capital of the World?

-Key West has the highest recorded average temperature in the United States

-Florida is similar in size to England and Wales combined...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg illustrated-tourist-map-of-florida.jpg (1.56 MB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 69c4c12ae431be93bdc9e46de9cf0696.jpg (150.9 KB, 0 views)
Real Estate Agent
Old

Weird Laws in Florida

Posted 03-12-2017 at 08:39 PM by llrivero

-It is illegal for anyone wearing a swimsuit to sing while in public.
-Women can be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, and so can the salon owner.
-Parachuting is great fun in Florida, but not for single women on Sundays... it is illegal
-It is illegal in the state to skateboard without a license
-According to state law, every building in Florida meant for public use must have an outward swinging door due to the high winds during hurricane season.
-It...
Real Estate Agent