U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Shhon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Humor
Old

January Halftime Thoughts

Posted 01-15-2022 at 02:26 PM by Shhon

Crypto Ponders:

Kazakhstan’s Crypto Miners went down after the country turned off the internet, yeah that’s a thing. That dropped hash rates for mining a lot and the price went down but that also just means that other miners get a bigger payout daily. There is a full blown revolution going on in Kazakhstan and the countries Army is firing live rounds on protestors, with Russia sending in troops. It “started” after people in the country were upset over high fuel prices and...
Old

December Halftime Thoughts

Posted 12-15-2021 at 09:04 AM by Shhon

Web3 & Metaverse:
Do you own anything yet in the metaverse? There is more than one so maybe you’re already in a metaverse and don’t know it. There will be a huge expansion of metaverses into the mainstream in 2022, going further. Decentraland is one, I haven’t signed up and don’t see a need yet but with as much as I love maps and google earth, it may be something I do eventually. I would love seeing how much some properties in the Quad Cities are selling for on Decentraland. The...
Old

December Thoughts

Posted 11-30-2021 at 11:37 PM by Shhon

Web3
Web1, was humans going on dial-up internet reading stuff information. Looking at images, but mainly just text communication and not able to share one article to a feed of yours. That is when web2 came along after that letting us share one thing with another website. Web2 was us giving information to the internet and them giving it back in feeds and notifications. Web2 some call online the age of targeted users, like the Facebook ads I ran for Shhon’s Stuff website or Another Man’s...
Old

November Halftime Thoughts

Posted 11-15-2021 at 09:55 AM by Shhon

DAOs

Decentralized Autonomous Organizations; what are they? What do they do? I don’t know that much if you don’t, but I am here to explain if you don’t know what they are. DAOs can have their own tokens, and those tokens allow voting according to the YouTube videos I watched on them. It is source code, and open source at that; so it’s hard to end a DAO I guess compared to corporations. They have tokens, and these tokens allow you to vote on the future things of the organization....
Old

November Thoughts

Posted 11-01-2021 at 11:45 AM by Shhon

The Metaverse
The metaverse is happening, soon and not just on Snapchat. Real life locations in the metaverse are for sale, fake land but real in internet 3D world. I predict it to have a Facebook avatar, in a virtual world and everything will cost money. Those shirts for your avatar would be NFTs and most likely will be able to buy with Facebook’s new cryptocurrency called Diem. Virtual homes, cars, boats, whatever you can imagine in real life; the metaverse will have it also. It’s already...