Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > Blondebaerde
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Angry
Old

...And Still More About Supreme Court Decisions of-Late

Posted 07-06-2022 at 11:04 AM by Blondebaerde

10th Amendment, paraphrasing: "If an issue isn't clearly mentioned in the Constitution, it becomes a state's rights matter." End of story, kooks. Deal with it. Nut jobs.

Not sure what the problem is with this. I tire of ignorant statements about "living documents" and etc. Don't like the Constitution, change it via Amendment. Negotiating/discussing with zealots that dismiss the Constitution, the church, etc. is pointless. Zero core beliefs, zero interest in...
Big Data
Posted in Angry
Old

Roadblocks: Suppressors and Short Barreled Rifles

Posted 06-01-2020 at 10:43 PM by Blondebaerde
Updated 06-05-2020 at 11:38 AM by Blondebaerde

Speaking from WA State: suppressors are legal, as are short barreled rifles (SBRs). Class III (full auto), not at this time.

I'm irritated the Feds and States (some of them) erect BS laws, fees, and waiting periods that are not necessary. My recent acquisition story is below. Better as a blog post, the topic is a rant (though interesting RE state of "government" these days stopping you from exercising rights). Here we go:

Last summer (2019) thought I'd...
Big Data
Posted in Lifestyle, Angry
Old

COVID-19: Personal Update 2020-03-19 From Kirkland WA

Posted 03-19-2020 at 10:44 AM by Blondebaerde

CORONAVIRUS

A deadly new virus from China, which causes respiratory illness and pneumonia, is spreading around the world. CDC calls it COVID-19. I live in Kirkland, WA, about two miles due south of the outbreak's original United States epicenter, with multiple cases and the first substantial deaths. Through today, King County has 56 deaths attributed to the virus (source: Dept of Health).

(Caveat: one man, one IT worker, one opinion: I have no extra info over and...
Big Data
Posted in Angry
Old

ON: Complete Horse___, RE: Machine Superintelligence is One of the Greatest Threats Facing Humans Today

Posted 07-10-2018 at 06:47 PM by Blondebaerde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
Superintelligent machines are machines that are smarter than humans. A recent survey of relevant experts found the average prediction was that such machines would exist in about 40 years.

At the point, known as the singularity, that machines do in fact become smarter than humans, it will be the first time in the human history that we are not the smartest things on planet earth. Almost all of our success on this earth is attributable to our comparatively high intelligence. The
Big Data
Posted in Angry
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Lying Mass Media Scum

Posted 06-25-2018 at 03:13 PM by Blondebaerde

The media in this country are corrupt, this week has illustrated that graphically and frighteningly. Lie about border policy and so much more. There is little honest information. Bill O'Reilly and a few others remain honest, but the corruption comes after those who speak the truth. Witness what happened to O'Reilly, and is happening now to Glenn Beck.

Mass media's demise is in sight. CNN hides behind a faux blanket of "journalism," though it isn't and hasn't been...
Big Data
Posted in Lifestyle, Angry