Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Going to church, reading the bible, listening to Christian music will not advance your spiritual life. These activities may give you more understanding but until you are ready to lay down your life and take up your cross this leads nowhere.

What I am talking about is the sacrifice of self to advance the cause of Jesus Christ in the world. There is a destiny that God had for each of us that only we can personally discover. We can discover it only by detaching from the world and making ourselves available for the Holy Spirit. By detaching from the world--now you have time--the commodity that most Christians are not willing to give.

Jesus said, "Self-help is not help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, to finding yourself, your true self. (Matthew 16:25)

"God has planted eternity in the human heart." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62)

"The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me." (Acts 20:24)

"We have been sent to speak for Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:20)

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Daily Meditations And Affirmations - 243

Posted 11-01-2018 at 09:51 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Hebrews 11:1 - "Now, faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things that you cannot see."

Physical sight is the ability to see things as they are. Vision is the capacity to see things as they should be, and that takes faith.
The scripture says that "For we walk by faith, and not by sight" (2 Corinthians 5:7). We must never let what our eyes see determine what our hearts believe. In other words, we are to walk according...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Seeking Communion - September 25, 2018

Posted 09-25-2018 at 07:49 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because He hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised." - Luke 4:18

God is bringing us to a place where we know the Spirit of the Lord is upon us. If we have not got to that place, God wants to bring us to the fact of what Jesus said in John 14, "...I will pray the...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Suffering

Posted 09-08-2018 at 08:13 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

2 Corinthians 10:4 - "The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to tear down strongholds."

Wherever a stronghold exists, it is a demonically induced pattern of thinking. Specifically, it is a "house made of thoughts" which has become a dwelling place for satanic activity.
The strongholds upon which demons rely consists of our own thoughts, attitudes, and opinions which are in agreement...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Seeking Communion - August 8, 2018

Posted 08-08-2018 at 03:19 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

In His Presence Are the Answers That You Seek.
Wear the crown of glory that He would have you wear uprightly. Lay down any identity that man would come with. Man would come and try to push His crown off your head, and put upon it a counterfeit identity.

Lay down all these things that rush into your mind – to where you cannot even come into His presence, because your mind, your spirit, is somewhere else.

Call everything that would command you to give up dreams...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Weapons Of Our Warfare

Posted 07-22-2018 at 10:42 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

2 Corinthians 10:4 says, "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds."
How is gratitude a weapon?

ASPECTS OF GRATITUDE:
Gratitude means being grateful not only for what God has already done but for what He is about to do. Combining faith with gratitude multiplies the power of this spiritual weapon.
The enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy. He uses fear to capture hearts. He uses lies to capture land....
Posted in Uncategorized