Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Going to church, reading the bible, listening to Christian music will not advance your spiritual life. These activities may give you more understanding but until you are ready to lay down your life and take up your cross this leads nowhere.

What I am talking about is the sacrifice of self to advance the cause of Jesus Christ in the world. There is a destiny that God had for each of us that only we can personally discover. We can discover it only by detaching from the world and making ourselves available for the Holy Spirit. By detaching from the world--now you have time--the commodity that most Christians are not willing to give.

Jesus said, "Self-help is not help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, to finding yourself, your true self. (Matthew 16:25)

"God has planted eternity in the human heart." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62)

"The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me." (Acts 20:24)

"We have been sent to speak for Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:20)

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Christianity For those that believe in Jesus Christ.
Old

The Power Of Decree

Posted 11-12-2019 at 08:36 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

"If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God." - 1 Peter 4:11

One of the greatest revelations of the New Testament is that Christ dwells within His people who live on the earth. That is why they are called the Body of Christ. We actually become the hands and feet of Jesus Christ in the earth, but we also become His mouth. God speaks prophetically through His people.

Think about a statement of Paul's: "...the Spirit of...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Albert Finch Ministry - Daily Devotional - November 10, 2019

Posted 11-10-2019 at 07:36 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

2 Samuel 5:19,20 - "And David inquired of the LORD, 'Shall I go up against the Philistines?... And he said, 'The LORD has broken through my enemies before me like a breaking flood.'"

The key to breakthrough is to inquire of the Lord. David did not go forward in his own strength but he waited upon the Lord for wisdom and for clarity.

We need to be in alignment with His Spirit. The more the Lord entrusts to us, the more we must learn to wait upon Him. Too many...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Albert Finch Ministry - Daily Devotional - November 9, 2019

Posted 11-09-2019 at 07:34 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

2 Corinthians 3:18 - "And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into His image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."

Steady yourself and stand firm, open your arms and surrender to God's purpose for your life. Ready yourself to receive the weight of God's glory. No more will you be weeping and wailing over what has been lost. You will barely cast a glance at your own life as you rise up to...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Seeking Communion - November 9, 2019

Posted 11-08-2019 at 05:34 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

"Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, 'O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord'" (Ezekiel 37:4).

Everywhere the Living Water flows, life will suddenly spring up! The more the Word is preached, prophesied, declared, affirmed, discipled and confessed the more the dry bones will rattle and rise from death to resurrection power as an exceedingly great army.

THE FLOODING OF GOD'S SPIRIT IS COMING

Let's all draw near to Him and ask Him to...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Albert Finch Ministry - Daily Devotional - November 8, 2019

Posted 11-08-2019 at 02:54 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Hosea 2:16 - "'It will come about in that day,' declares the Lord, 'that you will call Me Ishi....'"

Ishi, in Hebrew, is a name which means, "my husband" and expresses the intimacy of a close relationship. You might be in a desert, but the desert doesn't have to be in you. Jesus said there are springs of water in you, "springing up into everlasting life."

The springs begin to well up, and praise and adoration flows out of you. Before you...
Posted in Christianity