Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Going to church, reading the bible, listening to Christian music will not advance your spiritual life. These activities may give you more understanding but until you are ready to lay down your life and take up your cross this leads nowhere.

What I am talking about is the sacrifice of self to advance the cause of Jesus Christ in the world. There is a destiny that God had for each of us that only we can personally discover. We can discover it only by detaching from the world and making ourselves available for the Holy Spirit. By detaching from the world--now you have time--the commodity that most Christians are not willing to give.

Jesus said, "Self-help is not help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, to finding yourself, your true self. (Matthew 16:25)

"God has planted eternity in the human heart." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62)

"The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me." (Acts 20:24)

"We have been sent to speak for Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:20)

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Christianity For those that believe in Jesus Christ.
Old

From Darkness Into Life

Posted 10-28-2019 at 08:43 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

"Therefore, prophesy and say unto them, thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O My people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel." - Ezekiel 37:12

Here God makes us a promise that He will bring us out of the darkness, opening our graves and allowing us to live again! We just have to listen and obey God's Word.

Are there areas of your life that need a touch of Heaven? Ezekiel promises us that...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Albert Finch Ministry - Daily Devotional - October 28, 2019

Posted 10-28-2019 at 07:52 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Galatians 6:9 - "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

Believers get confused and sometimes disillusioned because Things in the spirit realm are often not predictable. They ask: How long do I need to pray to get a breakthrough? When will I step into greater increase and blessing? When will there be a shift in my family for the better? Where is my healing miracle?

The simple and unpopular...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Albert Finch Ministry - Daily Devotional - October 27, 2019

Posted 10-27-2019 at 02:58 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Jeremiah 20:9 - "...But His word was in my heart like a burning fire shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, and I could not"

Like Jeremiah and Paul, you have been called before time to accomplish significant works for the Kingdom of God. The patriarchs of old had the same fears that we all have, but they pressed through it and changed the world.

God needs you to believe for the inheritance He has prepared for you. Your part is key in His unfolding...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Albert Finch Ministry - Daily Devotional - October 25, 2019

Posted 10-25-2019 at 02:33 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Psalm 118:5-6 "From my distress I called upon the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me in a large place. The Lord is for me; I will not fear; what can man do to me?"

We can unknowingly become attached to our own abilities, the world's structure, religious thinking, relationships, influence, gifts and responsibilities more than the ways of God. Sometimes in our life's journey we can see how our old attachments have held us in unbelief, fear, and a false sense of security....
Posted in Christianity
Old

Albert Finch Ministry - Daily Devotional - October 24, 2019

Posted 10-24-2019 at 08:26 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

John 10:10 - "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly."

He is working deep in your heart, He is working and rewiring your mind as you feast on His truth, and He is strengthening you for what is ahead. He is bringing you further into the abundant life that you have in fulfilling His purpose for your life.

1 Corinthians 2:9 - "But, as it is written, 'What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,...
Posted in Christianity