Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Going to church, reading the bible, listening to Christian music will not advance your spiritual life. These activities may give you more understanding but until you are ready to lay down your life and take up your cross this leads nowhere.

What I am talking about is the sacrifice of self to advance the cause of Jesus Christ in the world. There is a destiny that God had for each of us that only we can personally discover. We can discover it only by detaching from the world and making ourselves available for the Holy Spirit. By detaching from the world--now you have time--the commodity that most Christians are not willing to give.

Jesus said, "Self-help is not help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, to finding yourself, your true self. (Matthew 16:25)

"God has planted eternity in the human heart." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62)

"The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me." (Acts 20:24)

"We have been sent to speak for Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:20)

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Old

Repentance Into A New Direction

Posted 06-14-2021 at 09:15 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

2 Corinthians 3:16-18 -- "Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord."

To repent means to "turn around and go in the opposite direction, change our minds, purposes, and what motivates our...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Functioning In The Fullness Of The Holy Spirit

Posted 06-13-2021 at 08:57 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

“Rise up and shine, for your light has come. The shining-greatness of the Lord has risen upon you. For see, darkness will cover the earth. Much darkness will cover the people. But the Lord will arise upon you, and His shining-greatness will be seen upon you. Nations will come to your light. And kings will see the shining-greatness of the Lord on you." Isaiah 60:1-3

"Those who are wise will shine as bright as the sky, and those who lead many to righteousness will shine
Posted in Christianity
Old

Latter Rain

Posted 06-12-2021 at 08:28 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

"In the light of the king's face is life, and his favor is like a cloud of the latter rain"—Proverbs 16:15

Under the New Covenant we walk under an open Heaven -- the King's light overshadows us! The light from His brilliant face releases His life, but it also releases His favor, which is "like a cloud of the latter rain." So His favor is described as this spiritual rain.

"Behold the former things have come to pass. But new things I declare,...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Stepping Into A Season Of Favor

Posted 06-11-2021 at 10:41 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

"...I keep working toward that day when I will finally be all that Christ saved me for and wants me to be....forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead." - Philippians 3:12,13 (Living Bible)

Paul, the apostle, instructed us to walk purposefully toward one true goal (the DESTINY He has put in our spirit). This is not a time to wander around the mountain of defeat and unbelief; we are to lay hold of the promises of God, take Him at His word, and stand firm...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Seeking Communion - June 11, 2021

Posted 06-10-2021 at 09:51 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

"Return to your fortress, you prisoners of hope; even now I announce that I will restore twice as much to you." - Zechariah 9:12

There are those who have been faithful, standing upon the promises of the Father. They have contended for and have walked in obedience toward the things that God has called them to, even though it seems as though war has broken out against them -- they are experiencing extreme heartache and despair.

"Though an army besiege...
Posted in Christianity