Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Going to church, reading the bible, listening to Christian music will not advance your spiritual life. These activities may give you more understanding but until you are ready to lay down your life and take up your cross this leads nowhere.

What I am talking about is the sacrifice of self to advance the cause of Jesus Christ in the world. There is a destiny that God had for each of us that only we can personally discover. We can discover it only by detaching from the world and making ourselves available for the Holy Spirit. By detaching from the world--now you have time--the commodity that most Christians are not willing to give.

Jesus said, "Self-help is not help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, to finding yourself, your true self. (Matthew 16:25)

"God has planted eternity in the human heart." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62)

"The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me." (Acts 20:24)

"We have been sent to speak for Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:20)

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Old

Praying The Psalms - July 28, 2021

Posted 07-28-2021 at 02:49 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

I bless the Lord at all times, I continually declare praise to Him. (Psalm 34:1)

I magnify Jesus and exalt His name as I proclaim it to others who have ears to hear and rejoice. (Psalm 34:2,3)

I seek the Lord and He answers me and delivers me from all my fears. (Psalm 34:4)

The angel of the Lord encamps around me and rescues me from all my troubles as I call out to the Lord. (Psalm 34:6,7)

I consider and see that the LORD is always good;...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Sitting at the feet of the king as royalty

Posted 07-27-2021 at 11:29 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

1 Peter 2:9 -- "For you have been chosen by God Himself -- you are priests of the King, you are holy and pure, you are God's very own -- all this so that you may show to others how God called you out of the darkness into His wonderful light."

We know we are a priesthood, chosen by God, possessed by God, holy like God and royal to God. We have immediate access to Him and we don't need a human priest as a mediator because our Heavenly Father provided one Mediator between...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Scripture Of The Day - July 27 2021

Posted 07-27-2021 at 09:24 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Mark 4:26 - "So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground."

Affirmations:

I don't sit around waiting for God to produce my harvest. I find precious promises from the Word of God and plant them in my heart and in my life.

I start watching over my land (My heart and my mind) to keep it moist, watered with the Word, and free from weeds (unforgiveness doubt, fear, and discouragement).

2 Peter 1:4...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Peace Is Spirit Power

Posted 07-27-2021 at 12:44 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Philippians 1:28 - "Don't be afraid of your enemies; always be courageous, and this will prove to them that they will lose, and that you will win because it is God who gives you the victory."

Peace is Spirit power.

Your peace, your immovable stand upon the Word of God is a sign that you are positioned correctly in perfect submission to the will of God.

The very fact that you are not frightened by your adversary is a sign that you have authority...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Meditations On Jesus - July 26 2021

Posted 07-26-2021 at 02:05 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Jesus saves me from anything that comes against me, by His power over sin and death.

I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. He extends to me His mercy, longsuffering, lovingkindness, tenderness, healing, and compassion.

Jesus is my shield, my defender, my rock, and my hiding place.

Jesus is my provider, counselor, Great Shepherd, my friend, who is closer than a brother, and He is the source of my love.

Jesus is the Husbandman --
Posted in Christianity