Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Going to church, reading the bible, listening to Christian music will not advance your spiritual life. These activities may give you more understanding but until you are ready to lay down your life and take up your cross this leads nowhere.

What I am talking about is the sacrifice of self to advance the cause of Jesus Christ in the world. There is a destiny that God had for each of us that only we can personally discover. We can discover it only by detaching from the world and making ourselves available for the Holy Spirit. By detaching from the world--now you have time--the commodity that most Christians are not willing to give.

Jesus said, "Self-help is not help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, to finding yourself, your true self. (Matthew 16:25)

"God has planted eternity in the human heart." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62)

"The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me." (Acts 20:24)

"We have been sent to speak for Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:20)

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Old

Moving In His Fullness

Posted 08-18-2021 at 11:45 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

"Truly, truly, I say to you , he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son." - John 14:12-13

God did not create us to be casual observers of history while we live here on earth. There is nothing casual about God! He is extreme, and He has called us to live extreme lives as history makers who live in constant...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Scripture Of The Day – August 18, 2021

Posted 08-18-2021 at 05:14 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Ephesians 3:19 - "That you may really come to know through experience for yourselves the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge (without experience): that you may be filled (through your whole being) unto all the fullness of God (may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and become a body wholly filled and flooded with God himself)."

The ancient Greeks had no word for “reality.” To the “truth” and “reality.” In essence, were the same,...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Becoming A Soldier Of The Cross

Posted 08-17-2021 at 10:24 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

We must have our spiritual eyes open to see and live another reality. Therefore, the great call of these times is to fulfill II Timothy 2:3-4:

"Suffer hardship with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the One who enlisted him as a soldier."

A soldier does not enlist for a vacation. Though many may have become Christians because of a promise of health, wealth,...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Coming Up Higher

Posted 08-16-2021 at 11:07 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Revelation 3:7 - "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write, 'These things says He who is holy, He who is true, "He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts and shuts and no one opens."

TAKING HOLD OF THE KEY OF DAVID

The key of David is our entry into the most holy place where the glory dwells. The tangible presence and glory of God is accessed through intimate Throne Room worship. Jesus paid the price...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Praying The Psalms - April 16, 2021

Posted 08-16-2021 at 10:30 AM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

My soul waits in silence for God only; from Him is my salvation from anything that comes against me. (Psalm 62:1)

He alone is my rock and my stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken. (Psalm 62:2)

I trust in Him at all times and pour out my heart before Him for He is a refuge for me. (Psalm 63:8)

Your love is ever-faithful, Lord, for you reward me based on what I have done. (Psalm 62:12)

O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my...
Posted in Christianity