U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > snowduck
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Good Hearing

Posted 09-01-2021 at 08:40 AM by snowduck

Matthew 11:15 - He that hath ears to hear, let him hear. - Christ was talking to a crowd of people who liked what he was saying because they thought he was going to restore the nation of Israel but when they found out that's not why he came some would soon be calling for his crucifixion. The crowd didn't care about what he was saying and ignored his words in Matthew : 30 - For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. - Let's have good hearing so we can hear what he's saying. What About Jesus?
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

His Way

Posted 08-09-2021 at 09:50 AM by snowduck

Reposted from 2011
Isaiah 55:8-9 - "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,"declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. - God makes good things and bad things happen to all of us, sometimes for reasons known only to him, and we may not always like how he does things, but he does everything his way as he tells us in the book of Isaiah. When things are going
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Working in the Garden (Reposted from 2010)

Posted 06-29-2021 at 09:31 AM by snowduck
Updated 06-29-2021 at 09:56 AM by snowduck

Isaiah 61:11- For as the earth brings forth its sprouts, and as a garden causes what is sown in it to sprout up, so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to sprout up before all the nations. At this time of year many people will soon plant gardens, and they might provide extra space and effort for their favorite things to grow. We could be called the Lord's favorites when we consider his plan for our salvation. He sent his only begotten son Jesus into the world to be a sacrifice for our...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

No Drifting

Posted 06-18-2021 at 11:25 AM by snowduck

Hebrews 2:1 -We must pay the most careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away. - It can happen to any of us. We're going along, living our lives and ever so slowly our sinful nature tries to pull us away from that dear friend Christ. And while this is happening our sinful nature tells us that we don't need Christ and we'll be okay on our own. Beside this scripture we are told in Proverbs 17:24 - A discerning person keeps wisdom in view, but a fool’s eyes wander...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Here Come Da Judge

Posted 04-29-2021 at 08:56 AM by snowduck

Matthew 7:1 - "Do not judge, or you will be judged. - Remember years ago when comedians would say "here come da judge"? I think that one of the easiest things to do is to judge other people, especially if we don't like them. Then nothing they do is right. We can judge others on some things but not if they're saved or not. For that we can judge only by God's word, because we are not worthy to do otherwise. As Jesus says in Matthew 7:3 - “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in...
Posted in Uncategorized