U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > BMW and MINI
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 02:08 PM

3,743 posts, read 12,568,211 times

Advertisements

Kind of amazing to watch, but this guy actually stops his car in the middle of the road and gets out of his car to yell at the following driver. Then hits the guy's car as he drives away!

What a jerk! Also, NSFW due to the profanity the BMW driver uses...

YouTube - Mazdaspeed3 (****box) and BMW 335i on Calaveras road
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 02:21 PM

4,472 posts, read 16,531,836 times
What a complete jerk, I might've taken him up on the offer if he wanted to try and beat my a**! Unfortunately I've found quite a few BMW drivers in the Phoenix area that consistently weave in and out of lanes, cutting myself and other drivers off. Not saying it's true of all but it's definitely an unfortunate stereotype to have.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:48 PM

22,624 posts, read 20,523,106 times
fake?

Old 06-09-2010, 03:00 PM

10,091 posts, read 40,156,507 times
What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW?
With the BMW...the pricks are on the inside!

AND...it's a joke...so all you BMW owners, please don't take offense! We own a Beemer too!

Old 06-09-2010, 03:50 PM

5,229 posts, read 13,615,698 times
Actaully, as a BMW owner, I've found most of the pricks are on the outside. As soon as people spot the kidney grill on my car, They start acting like bigger asshats than most people who drive BMWs. EVERYONE wants to push you because they assume you're an ass to start with. And truth be told, sometimes it's easier just to bow to the pressure to be one in response.

As a member of the BMWCCA, and the founder of a 7 series owners association, I can say that the number of pricks in BMWs is actually pretty low. It's just that they are SOOOO visible. AND, they are usually in brand new BMWs, usually 3s or X series. But most of us are not.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:00 PM

271 posts, read 902,861 times
In this video there is no hero

Old 06-09-2010, 04:10 PM

14,734 posts, read 21,536,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
Actaully, as a BMW owner, I've found most of the pricks are on the outside. As soon as people spot the kidney grill on my car, They start acting like bigger asshats than most people who drive BMWs. EVERYONE wants to push you because they assume you're an ass to start with. And truth be told, sometimes it's easier just to bow to the pressure to be one in response.

As a member of the BMWCCA, and the founder of a 7 series owners association, I can say that the number of pricks in BMWs is actually pretty low. It's just that they are SOOOO visible. AND, they are usually in brand new BMWs, usually 3s or X series. But most of us are not.
I hardly recognize them, myself.

Any high-end automobile, high performance sports car, specialty car such as Hummers, will befall this trend of other drivers becoming aggressive, I don't see it exclusive to BMW's.
A vette is noticable and will get attention, a hummer is noticable and will get attention. A BMW, wellllll, come on, I seriously can't tell the difference between them and an accord....But anyways, I drive my classic vette and yeah I get the tailgaters that think I am rich and don't realize I do most of the work on my car myself, and the kids in Honda's that want to race, etc. Not a big deal nor do I make a big deal of it, comes with the territory.

The video is strange however, didn't seem like he was tailgating.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:25 PM

6,368 posts, read 15,537,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
. A BMW, wellllll, come on, I seriously can't tell the difference between them and an accord....

The video is strange however, didn't seem like he was tailgating.
LOL

Looks staged to me.I wonder how many times the BMW and the Mazda had to rehearse it before they got it just right.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:56 PM

10,918 posts, read 29,098,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
LOL

Looks staged to me.I wonder how many times the BMW and the Mazda had to rehearse it before they got it just right.
+1 vote for staged. I mean the camera angle was just-so, traffic was gauged so that it wasn't too busy, and the Mazda was going slowly to allow the BMW to get in front, etc.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 06-09-2010, 09:09 PM

6,368 posts, read 15,537,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
+1 vote for staged. I mean the camera angle was just-so, traffic was gauged so that it wasn't too busy, and the Mazda was going slowly to allow the BMW to get in front, etc.
And the guy in the Mazda was just too calm. Almost like he knew what to expect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > BMW and MINI