Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2011, 03:08 PM

2 posts, read 4,554 times

Advertisements

I think I posted this on all of Idaho thread at first but I meant it to be for Boise!

Hello,

My husband and I have to move to Boise in Jan. because he will be attending nursing school. We are excited to move to such a beautiful city and are thrilled for a new adventure but I am very worried about job outlook for teachers.

I just got my Masters last June and I am a brand new teacher. (K-8 endorsement). Currently I am substituting in WA and I keep busy every day. I have even had two job offers from recruiters in the district but I had to turn both down since I could not commit to the school year with the upcoming move.

Basically, I would like to know if anyone knows about job outlook for the 12-13 school year in the areas near and in Boise. Also, will I be able to move in January (2012) and start substitute teaching right away. If so, how many days a week do subs usually get to work?

In addition to my above questions, are there any private schools you would recommend contacting about employment? I am happy to work private or public.

Thanks for your help in advance! My heart is in teaching and I will be so disappointed if I can not get to work teaching. Take care!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 10:07 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,682,260 times
It's tough but just depends on your timing and resume. Most new teachers have to find work away from Boise.

Last I looked the sub pool for Boise Ind School District was closed; so if you were able to get in the sub pool you can probably start making contacts, which will only help.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:25 PM

2 posts, read 4,554 times
Thank you for your reply, boisefan88. I started my applications but I need to finish them today. I missed out on the sub pool for Boise Ind School District but I think I will apply asap to Meridian, Caldwell and Nampa.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:59 PM

100 posts, read 233,507 times
If your search widens, it might help to be aware that certain districts may not require a teaching certificate and compensation is likely $60-$75 a day.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:23 AM

94 posts, read 182,780 times
I'm moving to Boise also, can't wait!!! Am very excited.
In this Economy you can't set your goals to something too specific...have to be willing to take anything or else you'll be unemployed longer.
Broaden your search, and more jobs might become available. Like say in One job you'll be a manager, next job supervisor lol. If you were dead set on getting another Manager job, you would have missed getting a job as a Supervisor. Step down yes, but still management, and still employed.
Best of Luck

Old 11-29-2011, 11:30 AM

9 posts, read 25,026 times
It looks like North Star Charter school is atleast accepting applications, but don't see active openings:

North Star Charter School

It is a great school in a great area. If you need any help with a home search, let me know - would be happy to help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area