Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 06:08 PM

51 posts, read 85,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamboat45 View Post
When you mention the river running through Eagle, the one thing we're not looking forward to is mosquitoes. I know you frequently have big problems with them.
Really?
Unless you've lived in the upper Midwest, you don't know anything about mosquito problems....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 05:49 PM

11 posts, read 31,266 times
Default Eagle

Just a tip for all of those planning a move to Idaho- especially those from California. Please don't come here try to change it. I have heard too many times "back in So & So we did things like this." Please move with the intention of wanting to become an Idahoan, not a Californian living in Idaho. If your wondering why Californian's get a bad rap, well thats why. It is very prevalent in the Eagle and Meridian areas.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:30 PM

86 posts, read 233,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfpd8405 View Post
Just a tip for all of those planning a move to Idaho- especially those from California. Please don't come here try to change it. I have heard too many times "back in So & So we did things like this." Please move with the intention of wanting to become an Idahoan, not a Californian living in Idaho. If your wondering why Californian's get a bad rap, well thats why. It is very prevalent in the Eagle and Meridian areas.
Isn't that the truth! I think it's just human nature to seek your comfort level, but seems like such a contradiction to flee one area and then attempt to make your new area like the one you left.

But as bad as us Californians are, I think we take a far back seat to the East Coast folks.

I'm a Colorado native and have lived in a number of western states. I remember East Coast liberals moving in to rural Montana and immediately running for city and county political offices in an attempt trying to outlaw guns, hunting and all other sorts of behavior that they considered uncivilized.

East Coast liberals are an entirely different breed.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:44 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,443,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamboat45 View Post
Thank you for your reply. I'm interested in your above quote about property taxes in Eagle. Aren't property taxes the same for the entire county, or are there assessments for the city?

Thank you for your help.
Property taxes in Eagle are high.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:47 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,443,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfpd8405 View Post
Yes it is I lived there for 5 years and watched it be forever changed and not for the good either!

Old 12-17-2010, 10:17 AM

5 posts, read 12,694 times
Here's another one for Eagle. We have been watching the area for about 5 years now. My closest college roommates have all relocated there. But now the retirement days are upon us, sad but true. We have spent a lot of time visiting Eagle and really, really like it. I haven't seen the CA attitude like some have mentioned. Infact the Idaho attitude is what is so appealing. I love the laid back approach to things. I love the ZERO tolerance for speeding! The cell phone/texting thing is a little bothersome, but that is nationwide, not just Eagle, and those laws are coming. I love not being elblow to elbow! I WILL love working in a fair environment. I know people haven't said it here, mostly out of respect and being politically correct, but the "minority clauses" in government or municipal jobs is way out of whack! The bottom line, the best person for the job! NOT, we're going to give you a preference because of the color of your skin; yes folks, that is the way it really is in the Republic of California! I like that the PD/Sheriff keeps the gang situation in check! (What gangs?) I like not seeing graffiti on everything. I love the 4H Clubs, etc, etc.... GREAT PLACE! I watch the calendar daily. I still have a year left. But I will be there for CHRISTMAS! Incidentally, it's nice going to a place that you can say MERRY CHRISTMAS and don't have to worry about offending someone!
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Old 12-17-2010, 10:36 AM

863 posts, read 2,992,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallytruck View Post
! I WILL love working in a fair environment.
Nice message, but what do you mean by "working in a fair" environment?

Old 12-17-2010, 11:01 AM

86 posts, read 233,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallytruck View Post
I WILL love working in a fair environment. I know people haven't said it here, mostly out of respect and being politically correct, but the "minority clauses" in government or municipal jobs is way out of whack! The bottom line, the best person for the job! NOT, we're going to give you a preference because of the color of your skin; yes folks, that is the way it really is in the Republic of California!
The poster is obviously referring to minority clauses in hiring in California.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:23 AM

863 posts, read 2,992,243 times
Thanks for the clarificaton, but make no assumptions, we have our own share of hiring biases. They just can't be documented as policies!

Old 12-17-2010, 01:29 PM

879 posts, read 2,857,843 times
Not singling anyone out but I think it is really important to move to a place because you love it. Not because you hate where you're moving from, that's when people try to carbon copy places.

I see various California posters saying they want to move to Idaho or elsewhere because the new location does not have stringent emission standards or you can waste as much water as you want. I get it when people are looking for a more Libertarian place but those are still weird reasons to move someplace if you ask me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area